• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cummins

Crankcase Vent Bomb

cummins    0
cummins

Quick question I made my mod and am curious why is it that every time a change my oil theres alot of gases or at least thats what I think I can smell the hot amsoil oil and see the vapors coming form the bottom of the truck when am at light. So is it normal ?

retirednak    0
retirednak

All is well,its normal because of the vent tube pumping out the gases. There are threads on how to extend the vent pipe. The smell will go away after a few hundred miles. I will be doing my '03 this winter,can't stand the smell.

white01    0
white01

i quit using rotella because of the smell and went to pre. blue by valvoline 15w40 recommeded and endorsed by the big "C":thumbup2:so..amsoil has an odor huh?

retirednak    0
retirednak

i quit using rotella because of the smell and went to pre. blue by valvoline 15w40 recommeded and endorsed by the big "C":thumbup2:so..amsoil has an odor huh?

You are right on the button. I have the free "Life time oil changes" from my local stealership and all they use is the Rotella. It takes a good 500+ miles before it ALMOST goes away. Even with 5K miles and I work the truck hard or drive a long distance and then do some in town driving,stop light to stop light I get a wif of it. A friend uses Delo 400 syn in his 2000 Ram and he doesn't get the smell since he switched. I would switch myself,but the free oil and filter change is hard to pass up. Even at only 1 oil change a year.:woot: