• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Grid Heater Delete

13 hours ago, IBMobile said:

You can just disconnect it at the left battery.

That's what I did with my truck just disconnect at left battery and tuck the leads out of the way, could maybe do with reconnecting mine though for a few months as one day last week we had a cold night, maybe -7c (yes I know that's not cold to some of you )  it took 2 tries before it would carry on running and sounded like a precombustion chambered Cat 769 coughing and spluttering to life, worst thing is I have THE relay to do it properly but never got around to it.

Mine also sets codes but they don't effect anything and I feel they are safer/easier on the charging system disconnected 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll meet you at the -7°C which is 19°F which is common for morning temp in New Meadows ID.

You know I'm on the fence as to which scale to use, at the high summer temps I get F easier but at the freezing point of the scale C is easier as in 0 is where water freezes or at least supposed to freeze

6 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Meric is way simpler 

I was one of the unlucky (or maybe lucky I don't know) that was at school when this country changed from Imperial to metric, one day we were taught imperial next day metric, I still use both even on the same job, as in measuring something 13 9/16th x 230mm I use whichever lines up the best :whistle2: as you can imagine I don't do a lot with wood

• Like 1

• Staff

Does your plywood sheets come in 4 foot by 8 foot sheets? Interesting!

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Meric is way simpler 

I couldn't figure out who Meric was... kept thinking he's a pretty simple guy but, now I know you mean 'Metric' . Now that brings a whole new dimension. Lol!

9 hours ago, Dieselfuture said:

Meric is way simpler 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Does your plywood sheets come in 4 foot by 8 foot sheets? Interesting!

I couldn't figure out who Meric was... kept thinking he's a pretty simple guy but, now I know you mean 'Metric' . Now that brings a whole new dimension. Lol!

Our ply is 2400x 1200 actual but everyone knows 8x4, if you ask for 8x4 you get 2400 x 1200

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Is it true that your carpenter apprenticeships are 7 years? That's very good if true. Ours are four years and I get tired of working on some of the junk we see over here.

I doubt they are now, my wife works at a College close to us, not what you would call a college though more a apprenticeship college, same one I did my 5 years car/truck/HGV apprenticeship back in the 70's but on a different site now, she used to be an exams organiser she is now retired and does exams invigilating part time, basically siting there make sure the oiks don't cheat, anyway she has always said how skills here are dumbed down just to get the people through the door and the government funding, here the GOV  pays employers to take on school leavers and to teach them skills, doesn't work as they are mostly as dumb as sticks with mobile phones stuck to their eyes 

• Thanks 1

Here's my theory for here in the United States.  Sometime back in the '70's, the big wigs of the Big Three (Ford, GM, and Chrlysler/Dodge) were having trouble deciding which direction to go - "metric" or "imperial".

First one says, "Let's go with metric.  It is much simpler and actually makes sense."

The second one says, "I think we should stay with imperial.  Everyone already knows it and to change tooling would cost a lot of money."

After much discussion, the third one says, "Let's do both!"

They all agreed unanimously, and it became law.

- John

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, JAG1 said:

''Lets go Mreic, Lets go Meric.

On the fence as I really believe in National Identity and if we had never joined the EU we would still be using Imperial 

Still messed up here though as our road signs and speeds are  Miles and MPH we also buy a lot of loose food in LBS

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Getting way off Grid heater delete subject but, @wil440, Has your crime rates, shootings etc., gone thru the roof as has our cities in the last two years?

Crime rates now you got me started, Cities just aren't safe especially London, knife crime is ridiculous

We have just had a law change after 3 or 4 kids have been killed by ..... wait for it......  parents or at least one parent in another relationship, One pair poisoned a little boy with doses of salt and finally killed him by smashing his head onto the floor several times, horrifying, another pro kickboxer (woman) kicked a little girl to death, this is within the last month or so

Law was changed to life means life for crimes like this but still nowhere near harsh enough

I really can't say where a lot of our other violent  crime originates from certainly not on here but take an educated and you'd be right 

• Sad 2