• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Stuck Idle problem

2 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

Is the zero percent load before or after replacing injectors?

There's a chance you got bad injectors as a replacement.. Do you have a way to get them pop tested?

I think injectors are the only thing that really controls the load percentage...  :shrug:

Well I replaced injectors 28 days ago and I checked today on engine load and it said 0%. I don't know what that means haha. I think i can find a shop to have the pop tested. 

• Owner
3 hours ago, 2000Cumminsyessir said:

I replaced the injectors with Bosch 0432193635 RV275 28 days ago lol. But with engine at operating temperature the engine load says 0%. I replaced the injectors because I thought that was the initial issue with the miss and idle sound. but it seems to do the same thing. unless I got a bad batch of new injectors.

Something is wrong even here being the engine load is zero. Even all the trucks I've worked on always showed at least 7% to 15% depending on size and pop pressure.  Even my 2002 it idles at 13% still to this day. Now you mention Bosch RV275 injectors these are some that I don't suggest because they are 6 random injectors pulled and boxed up. There is no flow matching or pop testing to bring them into small percentage of margin. I typically would rather suggest 50 HP custom made at least you know all the injectors are tested, flow match and within small percentage of error.. 

Well I have a place in town that pop tested my injectors (free of charge). He said they arent any good. They ranged from 220-260. Come to find out they are not real "Bosch" I will be getting a refund. May be a couple weeks before I can get a new set, but I'll post back. I appreciate you all for your help!

• Sad 1

• Owner

Yup I kind of figured. The high idle and the engine load of ZERO. Again the pop pressure was so low it could not cut enough to idle slow enough. 

Like I said go to someone like @dieselautopower for injectors and then you can specify anything you wish. Size, nozzle type (VCO vs. SAC), pop pressure changes, etc. But all in all the injectors are built in house and pop tested and flow match before leaving. 

• Thanks 1

• Owner
28 minutes ago, jlwelding said:

I havent been around in so long all of this is new to me.

I'm running DAP's 150 HP (7 x 0.010) VCO Injectors popped to 320 bar. With these injectors, Quadzilla Adrenaline with my Economy Tune I broke my old high mark and topped out at 28.04 MPG. Just this last summer. 

40 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Glad to hear ya got it figured out. Mine is showing 0% load at idle. It stays around 810-820 rpm at the moment. Planning on new injectors in the spring. I'm thinking 50 or 75hp from DAP.

She may smoke a little for a bit. Planning on other additions later to clear it up.

Mine was saying 0% at idle as well. I checked today with the new injectors and now its saying 0.8 

5 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

.08? Even that sounds low. @Mopar1973Man will chime in I'm sure but I think it should show nearly 10% 

It was saying 0.8 to 2.0 but that was at first start up. My scan tool was plugged in and i just happened to look at it. Tomorrow I'll check it at operating temp. It runs great that's all I care about haha

• Like 1