• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24v partial pedal issue from hell!

ok here we go,

I completed my swap about a year ago and everything worked great for about 9 months. all of the sudden one day im driving down the road and the van just stops!. it was like someone reached over and shut the thing off. after getting it towed home i followed the diagnostic procedure for the vp44 and after hooking power and ground directly to it i found that it was indeed dead and would not fire. so simple enough i order a new (reman) vp from a local parts dealer and when it shows up im immediately put off by it. it had silicone caked on the harness where it goes into the psg and had dirty finger prints as well as dirty hash marks where the fasteners hold it to the timing case. it also had a wire tap hole on the harness aswell as an exposed connecter on the other wire. just a but connector with no insulation on it. so i figure whatever to bad it probably works fine and i need to drive so i throw it on. well needless to say i had all types of bad symptoms. timing falling out randomly, engine gets loud and rattles bad no power, cutting in and out, partial pedal at %26 throttle, horrible loping at idle, not good. so i call bd diesel and they made me buy a new pump again! they would not take it on return even though the rma number for that pump stated that it had been sold and returned by someone else for all the same reasons. yes i sent it back to them to send to the reman facility and no i never got my money back, $2700. but either way i get another pump and thinking my problems are behind me i switch them out. all of my symptons have gone except for the partial pedal issue. now the truck that i took the motor out of had the ac noise issue with the trans (something i didnt realize until recently) so then i figure that the alternator must have made a ton of ac noise and whipped out the psg on the vp and when that happened something must have hurt the computer. so before replacing the computer i remove the wiring harness and cut the loom completely open, inspect everything, reloom, no issues found. i switched the entire apps assembly off of a friends truck that is known to work, no help. i scanned the computer it came up with sensor low voltage on the map, cam, and timing failure on the vp. so i take the van in for diagnostics. they told me to re do all of my battery cables and fasten them down properly. my new replacement alternator from napa was making ac noise so i got a nippo brand new non reman from my local radiator shop, they also noted that my fass ddrp wasnt keeping up and that the cam sensor was throwing some funny numbers. so i installed my fass165 and mini sump, redid the battery stuff, pulled the injection pump and replaced the cam sensor did everything that the diesel shop told me to do knowing full well that it probably wasnt going to fix the issue but i had to try. well needless to say it didnt change anything so finally after alot of searching i found a good used 2001 ecm that came off of a running truck that was p pump swapped. the truck was an 01 with a manual trans perfect match. i put the computer in today and absolutely no difference!! ive replaced everything! more then once! i have not hooked up the wire tap or used the tuner for anything except for monitoring. ive tried to run with the tuner completely unhooked. im at a total loss at this point. either ive got 2 bad reman pumps in a row (which i doubt because partial pedal doesnt seem to be a common pump issue) or i need to un install the harness again and continuity check every single wire. but the questions just pile up. why is this happening and what could possibly be causing it? why did this issue start when the first pump failed? is it possible that the ac noise damaged another sensor somewhere and the diagnostics people didnt find it because its intermittent? my van is an ex ambulance is there ghosts in my engine? is there anything else that could cause partial pedal aside from the electronics? anything mechanical? im so unbelievably stumped. the other symptom worth noting is that when it idles to temp when you first take off it wants to die like it has no power until you limp it along and run it up a bit. anyway thank you to anyone who is listening and if you have any advise for me id love to hear it. at this point i may have to p pump swap if i ever want to get to work again :0  

I'm no expert here but correct me if I'm wrong.

You swapped in a Cummins with manual trans into a van with ecu etc basically everything needed to run it ?

Did you use the dodge APPS (throttle pedal) or did you use something else

If used the dodge APPS is there an OBD port to connect a good scanner to and check for codes and also to see live data on what the APPS is doing or are you using the engine diagnostic port, live data should find what it is if it's a electronic problem,  also I can't remember whether my Snap On Modis shows timing figures or not but it would be useful to see whats what 

If you didn't use the dodge APPS what did you use

Is see you have had problems with the 5v supply, is this still low ?

Are all earths present and good as bad earths can cause some strange stuff

• Staff

Those rebuilt VP44's are all supposed to only be rebuilt by a Bosch approved facility. Just the test stand and the building with a hepa filter system , hence a 'clean room'. Is a million Dollar investment or more. I venture to say that the first VP44 sent to you is not an approved Bosch VP and therefore grounds to take them to small claims court (in your county) for your more than well deserved refund. Those guys are not right, are wrong sending a VP as you described. And this second one sent to you is also not approved... I venture to say . I would rapidly pursue this company you say is BD Diesel? Bosch approved VP44's also come with a new computer installed onto the VP as well and I suspect part of your proplem is the bad pc board on top of the VP sent the second time. I am really pissed that you were put through this from something done dishonorably to you. You are a hard worker and don't let these people get away with this, Please!

A final note; I just did some checking on this company, BD Diesel Performance. They have a history of blaming even the most meticulous installers for the warranty failures. Using lame excuses on expensive transmission installs, Turbo's etc. They say pay us for the second unit then ship us the bad unit and we'll determine wether you get your money back or not. As a matter of practice the BS comes back blaming something you did.

People, always but, always check a companies history before dealing with someone. You should always be a very careful buyer, especially these days, and do the research first.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
43 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

One of the few reason I stick to Diesel Auto Power for all my parts they have always made it right with me. 

Do they reveal to you which Bosch approved facility the VP's and Turbo's come from? I'm all ears!

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Midwest Fuel Injection is one of them I can't remember the second one right now. 

16 hours ago, Myvp44hatesme said:

needless to say i had all types of bad symptoms. timing falling out randomly, engine gets loud and rattles bad no power, cutting in and out, partial pedal at %26 throttle, horrible loping at idle, not good.

That was a sign of the being stuck in full advance when it get loud and rattles and has no power. I lost my last VP44 at 243k miles and did the very same thing. P0216 code. 

• Sad 1

• Owner

Happens more that you would like to...

Like these other VP44 vendors I've got a few tricks to keep you out of trouble. 

• Number one just don't deal with vendors that will not or cannot tell you the source of the VP44's and if they are Bosch Certified. 
  • If there is a warranty claim on a pump take photos of the pump exactly how it is when you pull it off and make sure to get photos of all the numbers on the case. 
  • Now in your own way mark the case. Even a standard center punch can be used to make domino marks or better yet if you have something like letter and number stamps. Again have photos of this.

Now when you send the pump back in you have photo proof of the pump and it series numbers and what not when it comes to warranty claims and they want to void the pump. Have them send you a photo of the pump and the numbers to verify I bet dollars to doughnuts it will not be your pump. Now you can call them out because you can show your photos and show them it's not your pump they have to backpedal on the claim. 

Better yet if you deal with a QUALITY vendor like @dieselautopower you don't have to worry. In all the years of diesel work, I've only had like two pumps that were bad and warranty is never a question or issue. Send it back and they send me a new pump from Bosch Certified vendor. 

You have to also understand the VP44 when it's rebuilt by a Bsch Certified rebuilder they are required to core out the PSG unit on the top back to Bosch. Then to be calibrated it has to be put on a Bosch 815 test stand to be calibrated which takes 3 hours of bench time. After all, testing and calibrating are done in 3 hours then the PSG is flashed with the info it needs to be working VP44

So there is no way to cheat a rebuild of VP44 without replacing the PSG and then reflashing it with proper calibration values from a 3-hour test stand run. Hence why I only buy Bosch Certified VP44 from a vendor that supports Bosch Certified rebuilders. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wil440 said:

I'm no expert here but correct me if I'm wrong.

You swapped in a Cummins with manual trans into a van with ecu etc basically everything needed to run it ?

Did you use the dodge APPS (throttle pedal) or did you use something else

If used the dodge APPS is there an OBD port to connect a good scanner to and check for codes and also to see live data on what the APPS is doing or are you using the engine diagnostic port, live data should find what it is if it's a electronic problem,  also I can't remember whether my Snap On Modis shows timing figures or not but it would be useful to see whats what 

If you didn't use the dodge APPS what did you use

Is see you have had problems with the 5v supply, is this still low ?

Are all earths present and good as bad earths can cause some strange stuff

i swapped it over into the van, used a zf6, eliminated the pcm, and flashed the ecm with a smarty s03 tool with a manual base tune to make it run without the pcm. everthimg else is all original dodge including the apps. the obd 2 port is under the hood. i get live data on throttle position and engine load through the quadzilla. my throttle position always reads properly as compared to my actual pedal position. its just that my engine load gets stuck at %26. unfortunetly a regular code grabber wont work for me because i do not have a pcm. but a proper scan tool does work i just dont have one. ill have to have my buddy scam it for me again to see if any codes are coming up with the new computer installed.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Those rebuilt VP44's are all supposed to only be rebuilt by a Bosch approved facility. Just the test stand and the building with a hepa filter system , hence a 'clean room'. Is a million Dollar investment or more. I venture to say that the first VP44 sent to you is not an approved Bosch VP and therefore grounds to take them to small claims court (in your county) for your more than well deserved refund. Those guys are not right, are wrong sending a VP as you described. And this second one sent to you is also not approved... I venture to say . I would rapidly pursue this company you say is BD Diesel? Bosch approved VP44's also come with a new computer installed onto the VP as well and I suspect part of your proplem is the bad pc board on top of the VP sent the second time. I am really pissed that you were put through this from something done dishonorably to you. You are a hard worker and don't let these people get away with this, Please!

A final note; I just did some checking on this company, BD Diesel Performance. They have a history of blaming even the most meticulous installers for the warranty failures. Using lame excuses on expensive transmission installs, Turbo's etc. They say pay us for the second unit then ship us the bad unit and we'll determine wether you get your money back or not. As a matter of practice the BS comes back blaming something you did.

People, always but, always check a companies history before dealing with someone. You should always be a very careful buyer, especially these days, and do the research first.

unfortunetly they are local and i needed a pump right away so i did not check the history. they say that they do get there pumps from a bosch reman facility. im pretty but hurt about the whole thing at this point. especially considering that i called them the day after installing the first pump and even with the manger pulling up the history on that pump based on the serial number and openly telling me that it had been returned for all of the same reasons they still made it a warranty claim and are sending it back to the reman. it was one day! why wouldnt you give a guy an exchange no questions asked!

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Midwest Fuel Injection is one of them I can't remember the second one right now. 

That was a sign of the being stuck in full advance when it get loud and rattles and has no power. I lost my last VP44 at 243k miles and did the very same thing. P0216 code. 

this second pump has actually done this a couple of times aswell

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Do they reveal to you which Bosch approved facility the VP's and Turbo's come from? I'm all ears!

im going to find out tomorrow and i will post back

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Happens more that you would like to...

Like these other VP44 vendors I've got a few tricks to keep you out of trouble. 

• Number one just don't deal with vendors that will not or cannot tell you the source of the VP44's and if they are Bosch Certified. 
  • If there is a warranty claim on a pump take photos of the pump exactly how it is when you pull it off and make sure to get photos of all the numbers on the case. 
  • Now in your own way mark the case. Even a standard center punch can be used to make domino marks or better yet if you have something like letter and number stamps. Again have photos of this.

Now when you send the pump back in you have photo proof of the pump and it series numbers and what not when it comes to warranty claims and they want to void the pump. Have them send you a photo of the pump and the numbers to verify I bet dollars to doughnuts it will not be your pump. Now you can call them out because you can show your photos and show them it's not your pump they have to backpedal on the claim. 

Better yet if you deal with a QUALITY vendor like @dieselautopower you don't have to worry. In all the years of diesel work, I've only had like two pumps that were bad and warranty is never a question or issue. Send it back and they send me a new pump from Bosch Certified vendor. 

You have to also understand the VP44 when it's rebuilt by a Bsch Certified rebuilder they are required to core out the PSG unit on the top back to Bosch. Then to be calibrated it has to be put on a Bosch 815 test stand to be calibrated which takes 3 hours of bench time. After all, testing and calibrating are done in 3 hours then the PSG is flashed with the info it needs to be working VP44

So there is no way to cheat a rebuild of VP44 without replacing the PSG and then reflashing it with proper calibration values from a 3-hour test stand run. Hence why I only buy Bosch Certified VP44 from a vendor that supports Bosch Certified rebuilders. 

none of that would have mattered they stated that they couldnt take it back because of the wire tap hole in the harness that was there previously. basically when they filed my order the moment the person pulled that box off of the shelf i was screwed by there standards there was nothing that i coulld have done to save myself.

so from what im gathering you all seem to think that the vp is best place to look next. my buddy has a h.o. vp that we took off of his truck to install a s.o. so i know that that pump works. ill switch them out and see what happens. 

i have to say the world of diesel parts is a pretty huge disappointment for me. i spent over 5 grand one time with power driven diesel and not a single thing they sent me aside from the hamilton cam was usable. i run there injectors and i question every day whether or not i should pull them out and inspect them. and the icing on the cake, they sent me a o ring head with a huge machining flaw right on the sealing surface. also they had assembled it and not washed the casting after machining so the ports where just packed full of metal shavings. they didnt want to take it back and they refused to provide me with another one. i had to fight with them for weeks and by the time they agreed to provide me a return label the guy says "we actually do have more of those heads ready now". like are you serious you got more stock before we settled the dispute and you didnt even call me. he then called me an *******. so in order to get my money back i told him that if he refunded me in full i wouldnt say anything bad about the company but i would certainly never buy anything from then again and his response was "thats what we are hoping". after sending me a bumb head! i watch alot of there utube content or i used to and they always say call us and ask for todd we will talk to you and help you out. ya well i asked to speak with todd and they told me there was a less then 1% chance he would ever take my call. just a bunch of call answering know nothings drop shipping garbage from third world countries. at this point ive just excepted that most things that i buy ill be buying twice. just like my napa alternator that didnt fix my ac noise issue 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Myvp44hatesme said:

i have to say the world of diesel parts is a pretty huge disappointment for me

It's not all the same trust me and you are now in the right place to get it figured out 

Like M73M says you'll not be treated like that using DAP or any other vendor on here as far as I know, they wouldn't be here if they ripped anyone off

And as been said before I also hate it when hard working people get rolled, I would guess turd at PDD may wish he took your call

• Like 1

• Staff

If it was coming from a Bosch approved facility, I am certain, under those circumstances, they would not have shipped out a VP in that condition in the first place. If they did, they would be required to make it right for you. That's a fact!

Thanks guys for jumpin on board with this. I hope it's about to break with BD over the cliff as they don't need to be in biz. Look how much work involved doing the conversion of Cummins in a van. Nice! Like to see pics when done. :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1

This is one sad situation! I'm only guessing in regard to the issues @Myvp44hatesmehas encountered however; your DC voltage is most likely NOT an issue for you. Excessive AC ripple from your alternator being imposed on the 12 volt rail and sub-managed 5 volt rails wouldn't manifest itself to cause this mountain of errors. Not to appear stupidly redundant and add insult to injury... BD Diesel are complete morons regarding electronics. They have been responsible for causing numerous electronic errors for over 20 years.

Seeing the relationship they developed here is another reason to avoid them. I'm sorry for your loss in time and funds. :(     

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wil440 said:

It's not all the same trust me and you are now in the right place to get it figured out 

Like M73M says you'll not be treated like that using DAP or any other vendor on here as far as I know, they wouldn't be here if they ripped anyone off

And as been said before I also hate it when hard working people get rolled, I would guess turd at PDD may wish he took your call

i dont think that they give one single crap about me or the 4 months of down time they caused me over the issue. i ordered a head from them because they had one in stock, they sold it to someone else or had already done so and made we wait 3 months for a new batch. i called them every week they would say one week everytime...3 months. they refusded to do anything to help me if it was going to cost them a single dollar to do so. these same guys give tens of thousands of dollars in parts out to utubers for free and getting a head shipped from fleece to me and returning the bad one they sent me would have cost them 2-$300 plus all of there profits in the sale and they wouldnt do it. i had to be pushy to get the return shipping label and i had to fight with them to get my $700 in duty and taxes back, thats why the rep called me an a55h0le. anyway i digress dj precision machine does a great product as far as i can tell and the price way comparable.

6 hours ago, JAG1 said:

If it was coming from a Bosch approved facility, I am certain, under those circumstances, they would not have shipped out a VP in that condition in the first place. If they did, they would be required to make it right for you. That's a fact!

Thanks guys for jumpin on board with this. I hope it's about to break with BD over the cliff as they don't need to be in biz. Look how much work involved doing the conversion of Cummins in a van. Nice! Like to see pics when done. :thumb1:

bd says it comes from a bosch facility im going to find out tomorrow where they come from. my knowledgeable friend says he thinks theyre probably auto lite pumps from mexico which i guess is not a good thing.

the conversion has been finished for over a year now the van itself just needs work it looks like an old beater these days. you think putting the cummins in there is something doing it with externally gated compounds and a 6 speed manual was a fun time lol. i have trouble posting pics because im computer illiterate.

5 hours ago, W-T said:

This is one sad situation! I'm only guessing in regard to the issues @Myvp44hatesmehas encountered however; your DC voltage is most likely NOT an issue for you. Excessive AC ripple from your alternator being imposed on the 12 volt rail and sub-managed 5 volt rails wouldn't manifest itself to cause this mountain of errors. Not to appear stupidly redundant and add insult to injury... BD Diesel are complete morons regarding electronics. They have been responsible for causing numerous electronic errors for over 20 years.

Seeing the relationship they developed here is another reason to avoid them. I'm sorry for your loss in time and funds. :(     

unfortunately that is a lesson that i always learn the hard way and its because i daily my van so i dont get a day to kick back and source the best stuff i just have to get whats fastest everytime and it never works out. as for the ac ripple and dc voltage. i know the original alternator had ac noise bad because the donor truck had the torque converter intermittent unlocking issue in 3rd and od. i just thought the trans was bad and so did the seller. after i fried my vp the first time and couldnt get the van going properly again i started to do more research and realized what the issue was. at that time i got a re man napa alternator and switched it out just to try and stop it from continuing. when i paid for my diagnostics he said that i had ac ripple pretty bad with this new alternator. so at that time i got the nippo brand new no reman twice the price. i havent tested it for ac noise yet as i dont have a fluke but i had planned on having that done after putting this new computer on just to be absolutely sure that it wasnt going to happen again. i also unpluged my grid heaters for now just to be sure that wasnt an issue. i have also redone all of my battery connections and cleaned up any wiring that needed to be although it all worked fine and nothing was horrible. and i charged the batteries up good out side of the van and hooked everything back up. at this point there is nothing to do with charging or wiring that could be suspect. the batteries are only a year old and test good.  

so today i drove the van to town and back. it didnt start after i shut it off at the builder supply which its never done before. i ran to my buddies place he has a launch tool that can actually pull codes from my system and it came up with 0216 which it has thrown everytime ive had it scanned that is reoccurring code. 1693 dtc detected in companion jtec mod thats the first time ive pulled that code. the codes were never cleared off of this comp before i installed it but i did clear them with the launch tool and took it around the block rescanning it showed the 0216 code immediately after driving maybe 1000 feet. its dead peddling so bad now i barely made it home. and this is after switching the computer, rewiring and charging batteries, replacing suspicious cam sensor. and installing the fass 165 aswell as mini sump. so basically ive made sure that the power, fuel, and wiring sensors and computer are all proper and trust worthy and still the issue only gets worse. ill put the sare good working vp on it tomorrow and report back at this point i dont see how it could be anything aside from the pump. but then i still cant help but ask how could i get 2 bad pumps in a row like that? it seems insane to me. anyway if switching this pump doesnt work im going to test the entire harness for continuity aswell as replace the iat and map sensor at that point if it doesnt work then there will be nothing i or anyone else could do to fix it 

It's because they don't want to replace the computer and solenoids on the pump. They lose money on that part it costs almost half the rebuild and has to be programmed. The wires on the back of the pump get old and crumble too. The timing piston is probably just 'cleaned up' and reused. If you destroy the electronics to guarantee it gets replaced they void your core even though they say it always gets replaced. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Great work! said:

It's because they don't want to replace the computer and solenoids on the pump. They lose money on that part it costs almost half the rebuild and has to be programmed. The wires on the back of the pump get old and crumble too. The timing piston is probably just 'cleaned up' and reused. If you destroy the electronics to guarantee it gets replaced they void your core even though they say it always gets replaced. 

i dont doubt that. the first pump i got clearly had a used harness that was old and cracked along with the exposed connector and wire tap hole. whatever device is on the bottom of the pump at the back was clearly used and very old looking. its a little round pot thing with an allen fastener on each side please excuse my ignorance i dont know much about the workings of the pump itself. 

Sorry to hear about these problems and poor experiences.

BD (or it's owner) is a part owner of VALLEYFUEL on the west coast.  http://www.vfidiesel.com/  They are affiliated with Bosch.

Most shops are happy to help resolve concerns and problems.  The VP44 spends several hours on a test bench and the machine certifies the results... it is possible for a pump to come off the machine and have a problem or intermittent issue but it is rare.  Most common is installation errors specifically  smashing or sheering the key way.  Customers call in to us stating emphatically that it was installed correctly and they are simply unaware that they did not install the pump correctly and damaged it. 

NO blame here is being cast here, just letting you know what the typical failure is and to give some experience from the other side.   It is customary to inspect the part and repair it vs send a new one for fuel and electronics.  Contamination and install can be cause for denial.  As a vendor I want to avoid the situation where a person has installed a part, a set of CR injectors for example, and due to contamination have damaged 2 sets of injectors before we have had an opportunity to inspect the first one.   Patience and troubleshooting are important.  Correctly finding out the root cause of the problem will prevent headaches for both parties.  Again, I am sorry for your experience. 

Also lots of shops are very short staffed and many in this world, customer and vendor alike are stressed for external reasons: sicknesses and the govt responses to such.  It is a difficult time.  All last week were were 1/2 staffed at our shop due to people being out and sick.  It will take us weeks to catch up.  Luckily we keep a lot of inventory on the shelf and will strive to let that NOT be an issue for our customers.

I always encourage people to work with the vendor and invite them to find a solution together. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

Sorry to hear about these problems and poor experiences.

BD (or it's owner) is a part owner of VALLEYFUEL on the west coast.  http://www.vfidiesel.com/  They are affiliated with Bosch.

Most shops are happy to help resolve concerns and problems.  The VP44 spends several hours on a test bench and the machine certifies the results... it is possible for a pump to come off the machine and have a problem or intermittent issue but it is rare.  Most common is installation errors specifically  smashing or sheering the key way.  Customers call in to us stating emphatically that it was installed correctly and they are simply unaware that they did not install the pump correctly and damaged it. 

NO blame here is being cast here, just letting you know what the typical failure is and to give some experience from the other side.   It is customary to inspect the part and repair it vs send a new one for fuel and electronics.  Contamination and install can be cause for denial.  As a vendor I want to avoid the situation where a person has installed a part, a set of CR injectors for example, and due to contamination have damaged 2 sets of injectors before we have had an opportunity to inspect the first one.   Patience and troubleshooting are important.  Correctly finding out the root cause of the problem will prevent headaches for both parties.  Again, I am sorry for your experience. 

Also lots of shops are very short staffed and many in this world, customer and vendor alike are stressed for external reasons: sicknesses and the govt responses to such.  It is a difficult time.  All last week were were 1/2 staffed at our shop due to people being out and sick.  It will take us weeks to catch up.  Luckily we keep a lot of inventory on the shelf and will strive to let that NOT be an issue for our customers.

I always encourage people to work with the vendor and invite them to find a solution together. 

ive had the pump on and off many many times i dont see how someone could possibly damage it upon installation and shear the key. the gear has to slide freely down the taper in order for the pump to seat against the gear case. the gear actually freely seats on the taper just putting the pump in the hole it grabs the gear so well you have to lightly tap the end of the shaft i said lightly! i mean barely at all! to brake the taper and pull the pump back out. much like a morris taper youd find on a lathe or milling machine. in order to shear the key youd have to be a mile out of the taper and try and send it home with a hammer or by driving it on with the nut which would just be insane. bd doesnt care about any of this. they sent me a pump covered in used parts that where obviously bad that had already been returned to them for the same reasons that i did and they didnt give me my money back. they sent it through the inspection return process that youd send a 6 month old warranty pump through. now im at the mercy of the reman facility i have no power they most likely charged the last returner and boxed it back up. now theyll say it was my fault and charge me im positive that they will keep at least some of my money. also id like to note that last time i spoke to the about a month ago i called for an update on the return status. at that time he told me that another customer had returned a pump in april of 2021 and they still havent resolved that return. so how long does someone float that cost on there credit card before its considered unreasonable. i just dont get it. if i was running that business and this had happened to my customer i would have sold them a new pump, taken the bad one back, inspect it physically for damage, and then send them there money back and deal with the supplier myself. it has absolutely nothing to do with me or anything that ive done and im footing the bill and to add insult to injury i dont get any say in whether or not my funds are returned. im just waiting to see if i get dicked or not by someone that clearly cant be trusted. 

Hard to believe,  but yes the smashed keyway happens more often than it should.  Sounds like you are no stranger to working on things and  have ample mechanical ability.  There are a lot of DIY people that are in over their head.  Experience is valuable. 

You have been working with them.  Anything more than a a couple weeks gets long in the tooth.  BD had some severe flooding last month and it has been harder to get communication and parts during the last month from BD and many other vendors.  Sorry again for the frustration