• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

24v partial pedal issue from hell!

well today i went to town in the mini van and grabbed my buddies crusty old h.o. vp44 that we know for sure works being that it came off of his running truck with no issues. a couple hours and some fuel on the floor and viola! it finally runs the way it did before the first pump went out. that means that bd sent me 2 bad pumps in a row and now im going to have to try and return the second pump which im sure means that they will want to do the same thing and send it back to the reman for an "inspection" before i get my refund which i still may never even get. so that leaves me owed $5200 just in pump returns that they owe me and atleast another $1500 spent on other peoples time and parts that i replaced chasing the issue. 

4 hours ago, dieselautopower said:

Hard to believe,  but yes the smashed keyway happens more often than it should.  Sounds like you are no stranger to working on things and  have ample mechanical ability.  There are a lot of DIY people that are in over their head.  Experience is valuable. 

You have been working with them.  Anything more than a a couple weeks gets long in the tooth.  BD had some severe flooding last month and it has been harder to get communication and parts during the last month from BD and many other vendors.  Sorry again for the frustration

it hasnt been my experience that these dealers want to resolve the issue they seem more inclined to throw the book at me and most of the time they dont even listen to everything i have to say theyll just cut me off. and frankly they usually sound annoyed by the fact that im raising any issue to begin with. anyway its not important anymore ill get through this fight with them over these pumps one way or another and going into the future ill just be dealing with d.a.p. and no one else. i bought nozzles from you on ebay and rented the smarty s03 tool to reflash my ecm and i could never have been happier with the products and services that were provided. 

5 minutes ago, Myvp44hatesme said:

well today i went to town in the mini van and grabbed my buddies crusty old h.o. vp44 that we know for sure works being that it came off of his running truck with no issues. a couple hours and some fuel on the floor and viola! it finally runs the way it did before the first pump went out. that means that bd sent me 2 bad pumps in a row and now im going to have to try and return the second pump which im sure means that they will want to do the same thing and send it back to the reman for an "inspection" before i get my refund which i still may never even get. so that leaves me owed $5200 just in pump returns that they owe me and atleast another $1500 spent on other peoples time and parts that i replaced chasing the issue. 

it hasnt been my experience that these dealers want to resolve the issue they seem more inclined to throw the book at me and most of the time they dont even listen to everything i have to say theyll just cut me off. and frankly they usually sound annoyed by the fact that im raising any issue to begin with. anyway its not important anymore ill get through this fight with them over these pumps one way or another and going into the future ill just be dealing with d.a.p. and no one else. i bought nozzles from you on ebay and rented the smarty s03 tool to reflash my ecm and i could never have been happier with the products and services that were provided. 

At $6700 in lost $$$ I'd be personally taking that VP back and it wouldn't matter how far they were away, in fact I'd drive the truck to them with the crusty VP that's on it now and demand they fit there POS and make it run, I can't say on here what I would really do but it wouldn't be pretty or nice, needless to say I'd bolt their pump to a 3ft piece of chain before I left

• Like 2

In his younger days, my dad spent a lot of time around local race engine builders. One of them melted down an Edelbrock carb and sent the aluminum ingot with iron pieces sticking out back to them with an expletive-riddled note it worked as good now as it did before, with ideas of where they could shove it. He of course got no money back, but Holley and even Quadrajet got a little more business.

2 hours ago, wil440 said:

At $6700 in lost $$$ I'd be personally taking that VP back and it wouldn't matter how far they were away, in fact I'd drive the truck to them with the crusty VP that's on it now and demand they fit there POS and make it run, I can't say on here what I would really do but it wouldn't be pretty or nice, needless to say I'd bolt their pump to a 3ft piece of chain before I left

ya i get that angry aswell but as ive learned decisions that you make when youre angry can usually never be undone and im never happy for having made those decisions. the first time i ever called them about this issue the person that i spoke with didnt have knowledge of the fact that the pump number could be researched in order to view the history so in attempt to return the pump he had asked me if the wiring harness had been wire tapped. i said yes i received it that way. he then said that it would be considered as a factor in the failure of the pump and no warranty would be granted. of coarse i freaked out and told him its bull **** i received it that way and of coarse he just kept repeating to me that the pump cannot be refunded unless it is inspected by the reman and if it has a wire tap hole there is no warranty. at that time i seriously considered flying over to vancouver and throwing the pump through the front window of there store. thank god i didnt because the next time i called i spoke with someone more knowledgeable and the first thing he did was look up the history and it stated clearly in the file that the wire tap hole was in the harness when they reused it on the pump and that no fault was to be found with the purchaser upon warranty inspection so that was one step in the correct direction. if it comes down to it i will go to their location and confront them in person but not for reasons of violence. hopefully if nothing else i can return mail them that pump sign on delivery and then i can hopefully go through mastercard and make some kind of claim against them for taking my return items and not reimbursing my funds. oh i also forgot that they made me pay the return shipping on the first pump in order to start the warranty process so im actually out an additional $80 that i had to spend just to send their garbage back to them. they told me theyd provide me with a return label and then after being transferred to another department they were just like no you have to pay the shipping or to bad so sad.    

• Staff

Just took a look at BD Diesel Performance Google reviews. They have a lot of bad reviews. I suspect they are on the verge of going out of Biz. Buyer Beware. Owner says he's so concerned about each problem mentioned in each bad review but, the same bad treatment continues like it's company policy to keep a screwdriver handy at all times.

Don't ever let your time frame keep you away from properly checking up on a company. Look how much they really cost. Just a glance would have certainly kept me away. You should always be very cautious when delving into a venture with a company or individual. I been dealing with companies/ individuals for over 40 years and can honestly say you need to be all the more careful these days.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Another one that people commonly run to is Thoroughbred Diesel... I've heard a lot of people having trouble returning VP44 back to them. Lot of times the warranty is voided. Again I get what Diesel Auto Power is saying but at the same time where is these vendors getting there VP44 for so CHEAP that they don't hold up to installation and even a a first start. I realize there is a balancing point between quality and paying a bit more for it but at the same time parts are expensive and looking to save a few bucks if possible. VP44 you are never going to find good quality below $1,100 typically.