• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mopar1973Man High Idle Kit Production has STOPPED

• Owner

Sorry to say gang. I'm going to stop production of the high idle kits.

So after even working with @dieselautopowerand even my own cable company for getting another 100 cables produced. Is just getting out of hand price wise with inflation coming at me. So 2 years ago I would produce a 100 cables for about $43.89 a cable and with a minimum order of 100 units turns the price into $4,389.00 for 100 units. Fast forward now 2 years today it now $63.45 per unit for a total of $6,345.00 for 100 units. Means I'll have to increase the price considerably. Last two years was fairly slow on getting 100 units sold and it's not worth the risk for me to invest nearly $7,000 in product and increasing my price and hope I still can sell the product. So how many 2nd Gen 24V trucks are out there I've not sold too? How many are willing to spend even more per unit.  Hopefully the inflation period is not to long and prices drop considerably. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I see your point and agree with you. Just isn't worth the risk, that's alot of money to invest on a very slow return.

Will the store be back up anytime soon? Just wondering. I'd like to get a Mopar1973Man decal or two once it's back up. Haven't decided yet on size, thinking of maybe a pair of the smaller ones to put on the rear windows (quad cab door glass) to try to help a little with advertising.  If one person sees it and joins it was worth it.

• Owner

Problem it going to cost me $6,345.00 just to sell one unit there better be at least a 100 people willing to pay about 220 per unit. Bad part I'm sitting on switches but the over all cost of the cables is what is stopping the show. Nobody can promise I'd be able to sell all 100 units this summer. Being even if I had the funds right now and didn't care I could order the cable production but then still have to wait few months till I get the cables. During the summer time I don't sell any high idle kits. 

I'm looking at not just focusing on one product right now but many products. Like I've already start and working on getting the email system here reworked so I can sell more than just high idle kits. If the prices and economy changes for the better I would be more willing to take the risk. Using historic data of sales after about March its stops anyway and I've got no way to build them faster. So like I said its a wait in line process. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Problem still ends up being the same for the end user too trying to build the cables. Finding all the plugs and and tools to crimp the pins together. This isn't just normal hardware store crimps and wire. There is a 8 pin molex plug, then the two male and female ECT and IAT sensor plugs which all have gone up in price.

Am I missing something here ? Is there any reason the entire harness cannot be built using Deutsch plugs, yes I see the ECT and IAT have their own plugs are those pigtails available from Rockauto and what does the 8 pin Molex connect to ?

If I'd have designed a high idle kit I'd be building the harness myself, or at least selling what you can get or do and including further instructions yes I see your point on how many 2nd gens are needing HI kits, me myself I have Hi idle off on the quad as I tend to leave my truck in D like when I'm waiting for our electric gates to open. I found it would come on and whoa

Have you a picture of the harness