• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2003, 2004, 2005 or 2006 Dodge

Collinst15

Thanks for the input everyone.  I don't need to buy right away, just would like to get back into a Cummins powered truck and get good fuel mileage again.  I've looked into the 4th gen trucks, but the price for a 4th gen truck is just outside of my budget.   I may hold off for a couple of months to see if prices start to come down.  Knowing my luck I'll buy a truck and prices will come down haha.  I am not against a high mileage truck, just figure low mileage may mean less repairs/replacing parts after initial purchase.

Tim

I believe if you get a 03 or 04 S.O if u get one with a dead motor  extremely easy to get a dead commonrail there everywhere, and then you could put a 6.7 in. + have 0 emissions  you can also 6.7 swap the 4.5-07 hut I hear they need custom tuning and the S.O ARE pretty much straight forward. If you are interested in this route you'll need a 14-18 6.7 cummins as the 5.9 injectors dont fit in 08-12 heads.

I only paid $1,500 for my 06 dually crew cab 4x4. I found a clean one with only 140k miles  that just needed a motor & work. & I betcha you can get a fully loaded 3rd gen for 5k or less probably. 

20220202_094602.jpg

Edited by ICU_24VNUT