• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How to add more ignition-hot fuses?

Hey all, so I'm in need of more fuses for accessories and what not. The previous owner when hooking up the quadzilla used some type of pigtail add a fuse which had a small metal piece that was flat and then the other end went down around the pin on the #9 engine fuse. I'm wanting to do an actual add a fuse but I have 2 accessories already running off ignition hot sources in the fuse box and there isn't room for me to put the add a fuse on #9 for the quad. Geno's garage I believe used to sell a "painless" wiring fuse box for ignition hot sources but I can't seem to find it these days. I want to run the gauge cluster and air dog to the new block so I have room to do the correct add a fuse on #9. If this confuses anyone in what I mean, I can post pictures and explain better. Biggest thing is the fact that the add a fuses I have in the fuse block are taking up room next to or underneath #9 so I cannot fit another add a fuse on #9 for the quadzilla.

Thanks!

Dylan

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

Thank you for this! I'm not well versed with electrical but where would I find a lead to tap into for the ignition on main source? Also, how do I wire accessories to the fuses? is it on the backside of the fuse box?

• Staff
33 minutes ago, YeaImDylan said:

where would I find a lead to tap into for the ignition on main source?

The BK/OR (black/orange) wire from the ignition switch.  

178571216_ignitionSwitch001.jpg.6ed947091fd47f644a835e3c5b831b1e.jpg

The one marked RUN A22.  

Are you going to use a Painless fuse block?  If you do get one with the relays.  You will be able to take the main power for the aux fuse box from the battery or the terminal next to the 140 amp fuse in the PDC and rout it to terminal 30 of the relays.   Power from the BK/OR wire at the ignition switch then be used 86 of the to energize the relay at terminal 86, You could use this to "clean up" the wiring installation for all the add on accessories. 

I bought a large modular fuse box from a junk yard out of a Ford Mondeo, don't know what a Mondeo would be called over there, each module is maybe 3" x 6" with maybe 10 fuses or so and maybe 4 or 5 relay sockets, 3 of these modules that snap together each with a lid, got it with some of the loom so no pins to mess with just soldered joints and heatshrink, right now I only use one