• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dodge Grand Caravan 3.3L - Oil Pressure issue

• Owner

Ok gang. 

Put a bit of effort into the mini-van and every time I went to town and stopped anywhere the oil light would come on and chime. I ordered a cheap $20 NAPA oil pressure switch for the light. When I got under to look at the oil filter and the oil pressure switch the switch had been leaking and dropping down the lower radiator hose. After fighting that red lock tab to get it unlocked and remove the plug. You can see the oil been leaking out of the switch inside the plug. Now installed the oil pressure switch and not seen the oil light all day. Yes the light comes on for a bulb check still at start up. 

Now I dug even deeper and considered if this didn't fix the problem I would get a oil pump rebuild kit and rebuild the oil pump. While the pan was down I could even do all the main bearings and con-rod bearings. I found bearing kits for cheap. The best part there is nothing in the way of the pan so you could do that job super easy. But since the oil pressure switch was the answer no need to go that far now. 

I do need to do a few other things. Find a few used tires for the mini-van and fresh windshield without cracks in it. 

Other than that its a nice little mini-van it drive pretty good even on ice with wore out tires. That front wheel drive does really well. Now I'm thinking I need to name this little "beater with heater" as someone pointed out.