• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

99 Ram 1500 no blinkers

Have a 99 ram 1500 that has been a slight basket case. Just got the truck and am getting it closer to road worthy.

Right new i have an issue with my turn signals. When you use the turn signal stalk, there is nothing. No relay click, no rapid flash, nothing. Hazards work. Running lights work. High beams work. 

I have not yet checked fuses and relays. Its dark and 20 degrees out. So thats a possibly tomorrow thing.. Also checked functions after dark.. Running against a possible blizzard this Saturday as well but thats another story..

My thought is flasher but hazards are still working.. So does that mean multifunction switch?

• Staff
44 minutes ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

So does that mean multifunction switch?

Yes.  The power flows from fuse #4 to the flasher timer/relay, to the hazard portion of the CS (combined switch).   The power then flows around the left/right turn part in the CS to power the 4 turn signal blub wires.   When using the left/right switch if no power is flowing to those wires, then the CS is bad.

• Owner
4 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

When my blinkers quit I replaced   multi function switch but didn’t fix it. Turned out to be turn signal flasher. 

Good point. :iagree:

Those are cheap too to try. Even cheaper go and make a wire jumper between the two pins of the flasher socket in the fuse panel and it should light up solid and no flash too. 

I upgraded to all LEDs on Beast... So I've already got a updated flasher can built for LED bulbs. My full circuit load is tiny now being it like 1 amp total. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man