• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2014 Ram with slipping clutch and blown rear main seal

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well I got a real winner. My customer owns a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins. She was having issues with the clutch slipping and the rear main seal is leaking. I will warn that the DEF tank is part of the cross member / skid plate. Ok. Leave it installed get the transfer case I'm glad I work on the floor I had to flip that transfer case in such a manner to get it out of the little hole I had. Whew! Past that issue. Not trying ot unplug wire and separate the wires from the transmission and cross member. Another PITA. Whew! Got past that one. Now get the transmission down and out after prying it out of the clutch yeah seriously. Trans is down and now for the clutch not to bad but with 290k on the clock the dual mass flywheel was beat up on the springs. Son-of-a-bio... Yeah that stupid front bolted flexplate crap... Good thing I got out of the way that flywheel is very heavy and it hit the floor kind of hard. Not worried I got a full Valair clutch / flywheel going in. Now I'm pulling the adapter plate then realized I forgot the starter. The 2 bolts on the bottom were TIGHT the one on top I couldn't do with a 13mm wrench. We geared up and got the plate loose and got a fairly straight shot down with my 1/2" DeWalt Impact gun with a fresh battery. Nope That top bolt won't budge. F___... Time to get creative. Ok just unwire the starter and then pull adapter plate out with the starter. Nope. I can't get the damn starter solenoid lead unplugged. Of course on top and can't get a good squeeze or pull on the plug. At that point Mark and I gave up. Yeah I got smart this morning and asked a friend to come over and throw tools for me.  So at this point I still can't get the starter un-wired the adapter plate has one bolt holding the starter. 

I'm one tired and sore puppy.