• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Who's ready for warmer weather?

• Staff

We had a warm day here Wednesday, my 2 sons took their bikes out for a ride, I was out of town for work so couldn't go. Doubt I would have anyway since there is still a lot of salt on the roads from the last snowfall. I usually don't get mine out until after it warms up and some rain to wash the salt away.

I was a bit envious of their ride I must admit. I can't wait until warmer weather gets here to get the Harley out and get some wind therapy. 

Today it's 20 degrees with 20-30 mph winds. It's cold, or at least feels like it. I've had enough winter, I'm ready for spring.

In May me and the wife along with one of my sons and his wife will be taking a trip to Florida, trailering the bikes (the ladies won't ride that far). We will be staying at the top of the keys and riding down RT 1 to visit all the keys and see what there is to see there. Looking forward to the ride and warm weather!

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

We had a warm day here Wednesday, my 2 sons took their bikes out for a ride, I was out of town for work so couldn't go. Doubt I would have anyway since there is still a lot of salt on the roads from the last snowfall. I usually don't get mine out until after it warms up and some rain to wash the salt away.

I was a bit envious of their ride I must admit. I can't wait until warmer weather gets here to get the Harley out and get some wind therapy. 

Today it's 20 degrees with 20-30 mph winds. It's cold, or at least feels like it. I've had enough winter, I'm ready for spring.

In May me and the wife along with one of my sons and his wife will be taking a trip to Florida, trailering the bikes (the ladies won't ride that far). We will be staying at the top of the keys and riding down RT 1 to visit all the keys and see what there is to see there. Looking forward to the ride and warm weather!

Other than the crowds, you'll love the keys. One of my favorites in winter. May will be quite warm. Two other rides I like are 9336 to Flamingo. Not much there but a marina and campground, but if you like hiking, there are a few trails going through the Everglades. Grab an ice cream and pop at the marina. The other is 997 north to 41 west. 41 is awesome. Take that to Naples, have a good meal and return on 41. 41 is what Alligator Alley used to be like before it was turned into a 4 lane divided highway. Both these rides start in Homestead. Have a nice vaca and ride safe, Florida is FULL of bad drivers.

That's something I just can't enjoy on a bike. The radio. When I get on my bike, it's my escape. Alot of people like it and that's fine, I'm just not one of them. It's funny because I can't stand being in a vehicle without the radio playing.

I have issues.....😂😂😂

By the way, congrats to him on the new bike. They are going to love it and wonder why they didn't do it sooner.

Edited by Max Tune
  • Like 1

• Staff

@Max Tune, I'm the same way. I prefer to listen to the mechanical music of the engine, wind blowing by and take it all in. Very relaxing for me. Momma wants an ultra for her comfort, i get it but i will keep my wide glide for when im solo. I enjoy it to much to let it go.

@Mopar1973Man, I can just see you zig zapping down the road dancing in the seat! :lmao:

• Haha 2

Still too much salt on the roads for my liking, also the rollercoaster temps we have going on is nuts, it was 30 yesterday and by Thursday there are chances for some towns to hit 65-70.. Then there's a chance for more snow this weekend. Problem is, at this point, every warm period we get is met with lots of rain.. If it was colder, we would have over 2 feet of snow on the ground not including the upcoming storms.. since the beginning of the month.

LG tone wireless ear buds worked wonderfully with a helmet. They were a neck hoop design though and the mic was on the hoop out in the wind.. no calls but plenty of music.

Some of the Bluetooth helmet systems are pretty nice though. music and bike to bike comms, ill take it

• Like 1