• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

It is called opie's coolant bypass kit.No cooled turbo.Your correct it goes on the head between 5&6 then runs to a manual valve.When the pressure gets high it runs coolant through it.I use to be big into dragracing with my truck.Not so much now.Money is hard to come by these days.

It is called opie's coolant bypass kit.No cooled turbo.Your correct it goes on the head between 5&6 then runs to a manual valve.When the pressure gets high it runs coolant through it.I use to be big into dragracing with my truck.Not so much now.Money is hard to come by these days.

OH yeah Steve openowski aka opie. I met him at the NHRDA races in Billings a few years ago, I bought my billet op shaft from him. He has some good products.

• 9 months later...

I was out wheeling in my rig in the mountains and was on a downhill slope id say about 35deg down or so (standing on floorboards) and my oil pressure dropped fast, luckily my gauges warned me and i shutdown in time to avert engine destruction. Well when i finally leveled out i checked oil level and restarted. I lost a gallon of oil on the downhill slope from the damn vent. (cleaned up what i could find)So later that week i read up on the problem and found that anything over 22deg down slope and oil will run out of the engine. I found Moparmans writeup on it and i performed the mod.$10 later and the 1/2" pvc pipe run over the engine to the backside and i have never lost a drop since. I may get a drop once a week out of it just from condensing vapors but i plan to attach a 1 liter bottle with thread adapter to it for a catch.I have tried the mod out on steep declines since and no issues.

• Like 1