• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Changed my tires sunday.......ugh

• Staff

So I with my sons help changed both tires on the Harley Sunday. I don't know if I would do that again. At least not without some sort of better tire "machine". We used hand tire tools for motorcycles and that was rough. My wheels are spoked so tubes are required,  we ruined one for the front tire trying to pry the new tire back over the wheel.

Eventually we got them done. Tire are mounted. I uses the balance beads in the tube for balancing them.

I also found the rear wheel bearings were pretty tight so ordered those tonight along with the proper bearing tools for the job.

Pics of the new rubber below.

20220403_154205.jpg.a9fb85889c4a4419023d9f52648ccaa8.jpg

20220403_155553.jpg.42bc4e752feb61edfbc6ffbd13526152.jpg

• Like 1

First time I changed mine it was a nightmare. Second time was alot easier. Time to do it again. Not looking forward to it. 

That looks like a HF wheel chock. They work well.

Edited by Max Tune

• Staff
19 hours ago, Max Tune said:

First time I changed mine it was a nightmare. Second time was alot easier. Time to do it again. Not looking forward to it. 

That looks like a HF wheel chock. They work well.

It is an HF wheel chock, good eye! Gonna use it while trailering the bike to Florida in may.

• Staff

***update***

I received the bearings and puller/install tool last week. I was able to get out to the garage this past Sunday and change the bearings. Tools worked perfectly! Made it a rather simple job really. 

The bearings I purchased from "All Balls Racing". I've heard good things about them in the past but never used them so thought I'd give them a try. I believe I paid $14 on Amazon for the pair. H-D bearings were around $25 each. 

20220409_095314.jpg.dd5ae9daf727682fe970f4dfec94f3d4.jpg

Old bearings out. (Don't make fun of my filthy wheel, they're clean now. Lol

20220409_101255.jpg.2a1242f4cce5bf953ba9da3f073c92b5.jpg

New bearings in.

Took the bike for a test ride, all seamed well. Waiting for better weather for a longer test ride.

Excellent. Thank you. Looks to have a couple extra pieces and a case. Funny how you can search Amazon and find things that don't show up for others. Seen something kinda similar in a red case,  but it was $89. 

Found and ordered. Thanks again.

Edited by Max Tune

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Well, front wheel is coming off again. Moved the bike last weekend to find the front tire flat. When I changed tires I had to reuse the old tube since I gouged the new one trying to install it. Must have done the same to this one. 

I'll pull it off soon and this time it's just going to a shop. I'll have them install a new tube. I don't want to find a flat while we're in Florida next month. 

Before I try tires again I think I'd like to have a much better mount/dismount system. Tire spoons just don't work well for me. Looked at a tire machine of sorts. It's all manual but it does hold the wheel much better and has protection on the parts that could scratch crome or gouge tubes. 

• 2 weeks later...