• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Holy crap moment!

59 minutes ago, Max Tune said:

Copper-Nickel alloy brake line. Very easy to work with and extremely durable.

So you can use it then ??

Makes stainless and normal steel lines totally redundant

I buy 25ft rolls although by now here it's probably some metric measurement like 10 or 20 meters dunno

I've got maybe 3 or 4 rolls of various sizes knocking around, if you've never used it before it is a dream to use and work with.

Like I said if your line is the one that goes around the front make it on the floor using old as a pattern, get the bends about right then fit it, you'll be able to bend it to get it where you need it to be then bend it back into shape.

I have a feeling I left one end long without doing the flare as I have a small flare tool as well as a vice mounted one so once all fitted I flared the last end on the truck, pretty sure it was the passenger end with the sharpe bend, put the fitting on, did the flare then did the bend carefully around a piece of tube, I don't have a bender as with copper there is no need as if you take your time and bend carefully it won't kink.

And if you can't get it in in one you could always put a join in right at the front

Edited by wil440

4 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Found it. It's $1.09/foot and up over here. Still may be worth it to buy a roll or two in the correct sizes and keep it on hand. Fittings as well. 

That's what I did.

3 hours ago, wil440 said:

I buy 25ft rolls although by now here it's probably some metric measurement like 10 or 20 meters dunno

I've got maybe 3 or 4 rolls of various sizes knocking around, if you've never used it before it is a dream to use and work with.

Like I said if your line is the one that goes around the front make it on the floor using old as a pattern, get the bends about right then fit it, you'll be able to bend it to get it where you need it to be then bend it back into shape.

I have a feeling I left one end long without doing the flare as I have a small flare tool as well as a vice mounted one so once all fitted I flared the last end on the truck, pretty sure it was the passenger end with the sharpe bend, put the fitting on, did the flare then did the bend carefully around a piece of tube, I don't have a bender as with copper there is no need as if you take your time and bend carefully it won't kink.

And if you can't get it in in one you could always put a join in right at the front

Whenever I've replaced lines I just follow the originalish routing. My new lines will take a more direct route without all the little jogs that are sometimes in original lines. Like you said, once you use copper lines, you'll never go back.

1 hour ago, Royal Squire said:

I would like to reinforce the fact that the line you fellas are promoting is a copper/nickel alloy. Wouldn’t want someone to make brake lines with regular copper tubing. 

Ya, that's what I posted, but I see your point.

12 hours ago, Royal Squire said:

I would like to reinforce the fact that the line you fellas are promoting is a copper/nickel alloy. Wouldn’t want someone to make brake lines with regular copper tubing. 

Here in the UK copper tubing isn't manufactured in such a small bore size, you cannot buy it and get mixed with brake line it is all an alloy, pure ish tubing is for heating systems here, pretty sure the smallist plain copper is 3/8th bore which is microbore for heating.

Put another way you cannot rock up to the plumbers merchants and get copper tubing to make a brake line out of, neither could you rock up to the car parts store and buy tubing for your heating system.

Here it is just called copper brake line, I didn't realise you guys maybe aren't as standardized on different sizes for different applications  with the different applications being different materials 

18 hours ago, wil440 said:

the smallest plain copper is 3/8th bore

We can buy really small stuff here, like 1/8" outer diameter. Used for sensing lines for compressed air systems is where I have used smaller stuff, but not 1/8" small. 1/4" stuff is used all the time here for running refrigerator ice maker lines, or water supply to home humidifiers.

We can also buy small sizes but always thick wall alloy not thinwall like for heating and water

I've never seen here tubing that would be able to be gripped and held by a brake flare tool that would be substandard as far as pressure 

• Owner
On 4/16/2022 at 8:13 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

@Doubletrouble I think you bad luck is rubbing off on me. I had a friend show up and noticed my brake fluid is very low. Now it snowing and I've gotta figure out where the fluid is going. :rolleyes:

Front right brake hose is opened up and leaking. Easy fix and need to bleed the system anyways...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Front right brake hose is opened up and leaking. Easy fix and need to bleed the system anyways...

Do you have a scanner that can cycle the abs pump? If so, what one? I've been looking at them, but they get pricey with that option.