• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Gears,Tires, & Effective Ratio

I shouldn’t be doing math this early in the morning, but I was hoping y’all could clear something up for me. @Mopar1973Man has 3.55 gears and replaced the factory size 265/75/16’s with 245/75/16’s giving him an effective ratio of 3.69. 

I have the same 3.55 gears, but from the factory my truck came with 245/75/16’s. If I were to use the tire/gear calculator and switch to 265/75/16 I would have an effective gear ratio of 3.42.

So Mike and I have the same gears, but different effective ratio’s based on?? The sticker on the door jamb?

From the factory was it 245, with 265 as an option? If so would that mean if you did the 265 option then your effective gear ratio when you rolled of the lot was 3.42?