• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thoughts?

Collectors want what they want, money is no object. If I had lottery money, I'd own that truck right now. That ain't for driving, it's for having very likely the only remaining one in existence. Look at the money it takes to own certain other old vehicles, make this collector item look cheap. Truck is beautiful 🤩🤩🤩

2 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Even the non collector examples are pulling big money now.

Yep. Locally there's a 2000 long bed, 2WD. Super clean, 125k miles. Asking $25k and I bet he gets it. In this market if I woke up tomorrow and my truck was gone I'd go with $20k cash and hope to buy it.

My dad's long time buddy sold his 2004 quad cab short bed 4WD for $40k just about a month ago. It had about 35k miles, super clean. Was his "going on vacation" truck, and he didn't have a camper 

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Actually I love my older truck now. Easy to repair and wouldn't want a new truck. Just a bigger target for thieves. Being the older truck with a few body issues most don't want to mess with it. Something new looking and fresh it will be a target fast.

Yep, my 02 with 111,000 on it has the clear coat going bad on the front fenders. I kinda think it's a good idea to leave it that way and wax right over it to deter thieves. When I go shopping I know that it is so tough to find a decent work truck these days with a new ones having to wait 6 mos. for delivery plus the 80/90 grand so I get paranoid with all the tools, even back up tools and having to park in an easy target area. I am actually beginning to stay away from more marginal neighborhood markets and hidden parking areas, that sort of thing.

Buddy of mine went shopping for a used truck, he is a new contractor, says my work truck even with 250 K is now worth 30 grand because it's diesel. That's how hard it is to find a decent truck to work with.

• Staff
17 hours ago, LorenS said:

Yep. Locally there's a 2000 long bed, 2WD. Super clean, 125k miles. Asking $25k and I bet he gets it

My truck just turned 125K miles that's why I spent over $9,000 on paint, body, new dash, sound, system, bed rails, tie downs and exhaust brake. last year   

• Like 1

• Staff

It's amazing what is happening in our world today. I think it has much to do with flaky scared people too afraid of hard work. I am also amazed how many you see these days that look like they have never done a day of hard work.

These prices are conditioning me to start thinking “60k isn’t THAT bad”. I have a dealer that calls me all the time trying to buy my 4th gen for 8K more than I paid for it. Getting a brand new truck is tempting until you hear what’s happening at GM. My buddies dad ordered a Duramax last spring. It was on hold forever waiting for a chip, then he gets a call a few days ago that they are scrapping his truck due to some major engine flaw. If what he said is accurate I’m surprised it’s not been on the nightly news, must be a heck of a PR team keeping it quiet. 

• Staff

If they could ever learn to build what works and quit trying new ways.  if they built a truck that works really well for a long time. same parts, same body style year after year would be great.

An electrician I use just bought a new Duramax... Guess I wasn't too far off when I said let me know when your stranded I'll come save you with my Cummins.! Gee this is too bad as he just paid 80 grand.

Edited by JAG1
  • Sad 1