• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Weekend Riding

ISX

I went to St. Joe State Park Friday afternoon and got back a couple hours ago. I wanted to get some video of it last time but the usual time that we go is on labor day and our whole family goes and it is just too huge of ordeal to try and stop the show to go out video taping. So we went this time just me, parents, and this other guy and his wife. That guy ended up breaking his shifter off so he was done Saturday afternoon, luckily he had 4-wheelers to run around on. But this is what I was able to compile. The hills are a lot steeper than the cam seems to depict. That last hill is straight up and going fast up them is kinda easy so I figured I would go slow, I shoulda known that would happen. You can't see it cause my dad kinda stopped looking at the cam to watch the show but my bike was vertical and I can't remember if I threw it to the side before falling down the hill or what. I can barely walk on the side of that hill without sliding down it. I might just use a tripod next time, be more reliable at catching the action :lol:The hydroplaning part is really fun when you look down and see 20 four-wheelers sitting next to that waterhole as they usually do, then I come flying by and they never know what to think of it.

I would probably end up freezing to death :lol: I don't like jumping at all. I can do it but I absolutely love racing through the woods. Only problem is that I don't think you can ever make money off of it. The motocross stuff and all that (jumping) you make a ton but when have you ever heard of a guy making a ton off hare scrambles and enduros.. You can't really have a crowd watch a trail ride. I went 60 miles Saturday. Somehow I have gone 2000 miles since I owned it, maybe 4 years. Doesn't sound like much but I don't get to ride it very often so it usually ends up being 50 miles a day.

There is a place in wisconsin called Black river falls. It goes in the woods.You can ride all day and never cross the same path.We started in Milston then went up to BRF on one side of the trail.Than back on the other side.That was fun.You would like it i am sure.

That would be a blast. I go to a lot of poker enduros and they are always so short (~10 miles) so I can usually make 5 laps in the 4 hours they give is. I always end up behind 4 wheelers or something so the laps usually take around 30-40 min. I can do it in 15-20 if everyone gets out of my way :evilgrin: Most of the time I just like to watch the person in front of me try and get up a hill full of rocks lol

Well you might be in for a surprise if I ever rode with you... My tail rarely stays on the seat long... I'm normally up on 1 knee pulling the ATV to one side and haul arse up a hill or side hill... :stuned: Dang I would love to ride with you just once... :hyper:

There was one kid from school who wanted to see if he could outrun me, so I let him in front at first and he would constantly look back and see that I was still 10ft away. He was sliding around corners on 2 wheels as fast as he could and eventually rolled it. Then I got in front of him and the only way he was able to keep up was on the horseshoe curves he would just go straight (from connect the ends of the horseshoe). Then towards the end, he had a whole wheel just fall off.

I've seen all the hills in the pics you have. I want to ride up the side of those mountains. I saw a few things on TV of these 100 mile or so runs with fueling checkpoints where you just fly through the woods and mountains and stuff, think that was in Colorado.