• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Semiannual Sierra Nevada camping

IBMobile

• Staff
2 hours ago, IBMobile said:

@JAG1knows how to replace an EPDM rubber roof.  He practiced on mine.  

I couldn't do another one. It's a lot of work and there is easier money out there. If there's no rot anywhere I think a good commercial coating would be fine. Of course preparation is key in doing that sort of thing. I would be chasing roof coatings used on high rise buildings like a polyurathane (sp.) base would last a long time from my experience.

• Owner

A/C cover installed. The cover I got lucky and found a RV dealer that had a used one with a bad hole. Just fender washer it. Only cost 50 dollars vs 250 dollars for new. Grabbed a new fan belt for Beast. Installed this morning easy peasy lemon sqeezey..squeeze... Now to get my truck clean and inspected.

16511701135885868297305162151002.jpg

16511701305567302400207743395844.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner
35 minutes ago, Threadzy said:

If you get close to Visalia stop by for a beer! 🍻

Too far south from where the camp out will be but... You not far and could drive up and hang with me. I did a Google map lookup and figured botched the directions typical California. I'm sure you could make the trip up easier than me coming down that way. 

Screenshot from 2022-04-28 13-13-50.png

10 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

@Max Tune, if your GPS ever goes cray and you end up on ohio......    

I don't use a GPs in that fashion. I know my North, South, East and West... Me I'm heading south and a bit west. East isn't going to happen anytime soon "yet"...  :whistle:

• Staff
4 hours ago, Max Tune said:

If your GPS is whacked, stop by for a beer and accommodations...😂🤣😂🤣

For those that don't know, I'm in N.E. Illinois....🤣😂🤣😂

He hacks GPS's so you end up at his tavern asking for directions. lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

5 hours ago, Threadzy said:

If you get close to Visalia stop by for a beer! 🍻

Too far south from where the camp out will be but... You not far and could drive up and hang with me. I did a Google map lookup and figured botched the directions typical California. I'm sure you could make the trip up easier than me coming

Way to call me out Mike! 🤣

• Haha 1

• Staff
25 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Maybe I should stay quiet and enjoy my vacation. :cheers:

That works too.

9 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Crowd gets too big we'll have IBMobile whip up some pig feet soup. lol

I can throw in some nice tender pig tongue also.  Yummy, good!!

• Like 1

• Staff
40 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm game. Beef tongue burritos are delicious, pig tongue will most likely be similar. 

Just spoke with IBMobile.... turns out pigs tongue is actually a wonderful piece of meat, beyond tender. :thumb1:

• Staff

Mike check your furnace an fridge make sure everything works and sounds good. Furnace should be running a steady exhaust, no strange flutter sound from bugs getting in the burner. Fridge should have a healthy burner with a good amount of sound and not clogged with carbon. At 12/13 years my burner had to be pulled and cleaned with a wire brush. It was burning very weak from carbon build up and would go out all the time. I lost a bunch of food on that trip.

• Owner
29 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Mike check your furnace an fridge make sure everything works and sounds good. Furnace should be running a steady exhaust, no strange flutter sound from bugs getting in the burner. Fridge should have a healthy burner with a good amount of sound and not clogged with carbon. At 12/13 years my burner had to be pulled and cleaned with a wire brush. It was burning very weak from carbon build up and would go out all the time. I lost a bunch of food on that trip.

Here in the next few days I'm going to be camping out in my RV. This way I'm packing what I need for the trip and more or less test drive the entire unit. I know the furnace is working great being I've had it on the last 5 days drying the humidity out of the RV. It been down to 35F to 38F every night so I've been using the furnace and the water heater. Fridge I've lit temporary but I'm not level right now. I need to hitch up and move to the hard pack for doing the axle bearings. Too much rain and the yard is super soft right now.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

I hope the rain lets up for you soon. It seems our normal weather patterns are back here in Oregon :thumb1: as this April has seen lots of rain unlike the past few years. I am happy about the reduced fire dangers but, not that you can't get after the wheel bearing work. Keep us posted.

• Like 1