• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Oil Pressure Guage

I want to install a new Motor Oil Pressure Guage in my Dodge Cummins, but I want to continue useing the factory guage aswell. Where/ How would I connect the new guage to the oil pressure system.Thanks for any advice, Kerley

The easiest place is probably the port on top of the oil filter (the unused one, there are 2 up there). It is 1/8 NPT. You can see the smallest braided line is actually for a bypass filter, if you don't have a bypass there will just be a plug there, perfect for a gauge. Yours will be a little different being a 24V but still the same setup.Another option is right next to the stock oil pressure sender (green circle). Like you could take the plug out of the red circle part and tap into that. Hope Smokeythedodge doesn't mind me using his pic :pray:

post-45-138698170838_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698170845_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just make sure that the gauge is capable of going to 100 PSI. You will see nearly that much pressure when the engine is cold, OR you could put a tee where the oil pressure sender is. Both places are 1/8" NPT.

• Like 1

I dont know if you are going old school and using a copper line.I did at first.The problem i had was i picked up some noise from the engine and it came into the cab from the copper line.I removed it and ran the nylon.Plus someone told me copper and diesel dont match.That i am un sure of.

• Like 1

I dont know if you are going old school and using a copper line.I did at first.The problem i had was i picked up some noise from the engine and it came into the cab from the copper line.I removed it and ran the nylon.Plus someone told me copper and diesel dont match.That i am un sure of.

Don't know about the copper and diesel part, but the only thing about nylon line is if you break the line inside the cab, hot oil all over the place!!!!:mad: But on the '64 Ford it had a nylon oil pressure line on it for years and until it got hit by a deer (broke the line), it worked fine.:thumbup2:
  • Like 1

I took some rubber windshield washer hose and ran my nylon tube inside it.I did that under the hood.Mine is holding strong.I can hit 90+ oil pressure in the winter.

That's a good idea. The '64 broke right where it goes into the fitting. Wasn't a big deal, just had to cap it off before we could drive it home!:mad: I hate deer.:thumbup2: