• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Yet another setback. It's always something

Start of this year I lost 20lb to try and easy my  hip problems got down to 16 stone 7 which is 224lbs ish  and I cannot get under that no matter what

I need another 20 to 30 lbs gone really but beer  and proper fish and chips seem to always win :)

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Update****

It's been a while since I've said anything about how this had all progressed.

Still fighting with workers comp, I have lawyers involved. I went to my own doctor and long story short, I have a torn meniscus in my left knee. I have surgery scheduled for tomorrow (wednesday) and hopefully begin to heal and put this behind me. Once back to work the lawyer will look at any money I paid out of pocket plus time off and so forth so we can get them in court and try to resolve the Financials of this whole fiasco. 

In order to go to my doctor's ihave had to get back to work. I was off a total of 5 weeks initially, missed a few days for appointments and such and now looking at another 4 to 12 weeks recovery post surgery. Ugh! What a nightmare!

I'm sure I left some details out but you kinda get the picture. Been a bit of a rough summer so far. 

• Sad 2

Hope everything goes well for you

I am assuming a Meniscus is a cartilage/tendon ?   If so that's the reason for the long time recovery, very slow to heal

about 10 years ago I was digging a trench with a pickaxe for sewer pipes, too narrow for my mini ex

after quiet a while I put the pick down and noticed my 2nd finger in right hand the tip joint was bent a full 90degrees but the next joint was straight, there is now way you can actually bend a finger like that as to clasp both joints move.

What had happened was the tendon that straightens the finger had snapped just past the last joint near the finger nail, I never felt a thing and it didn't hurt at all but my finger was dead straight until the last joint then that was 90degrees, I left it a few days then went to a walk in centre 

Nurse explained that it usually snaps when the fingers are stubbed against something but I hadn't done anything like that

She said it needed to be kept straight for at least 4 months and that usually it does not reattach, she didn't have a finger splint big enough for my finger so just taped 2 plastic spoons to my finger and said good luck but don't expect it to heal.

Once home I made a splint out of a Cat serial number plate off of a Cat 428 and that stayed on my finger for 4 months, was really difficult working with one finger dead straight.

4 years later I'm back at the walk in centre for something else, same nurse..... took one look at me and first thing she said was hows the finger, she couldn't believe how well it had healed, wouldn't know it was ever damaged.

I was lucky as I could carry on working while keeping it straight and imobile

I hope you are allowed to take it easy to allow time for it to heal good

• Staff

That's my plan is to take some time to heal. I can't stay off work for to awful long but don't want to go back to soon either.

The meniscus is the cartilage pad between your thigh bone and the shin bone in you knee. A pad for lubrication of the joint and padding to help absorb shock.

We will be heading to the camp ground 9 days after the surgery, might as well be in recovery there so I'm not tempted to go outside at home and start working on something. Lol

• Staff
On 5/18/2022 at 6:31 AM, Doubletrouble said:

@Max Tune your probably right. The vacation will do more good. If no physically at least mentally. Lol

I caused him do more than he thought I could, me at 70 years old. At one point he said, oh no, I'm done, no more but, I know he likes his recliner, WiFi and chili cheese Freetoes.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I caused him do more than he thought I could, me at 70 years old. At one point he said, oh no, I'm done, no more but, I know he likes his recliner, WiFi and chili cheese Freetoes.

I think me n him could be brothers...

Mmmmmmm, chili cheese Fritos....

• Haha 2

• Staff

Mopar Man ordered the biggest steak in the cafe. It covered the whole plate. When done inhaling it he acted like it was a snack and still waiting for the main course. :lmao:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 2

• Staff
On 8/2/2022 at 6:29 AM, Doubletrouble said:

heading to the camp ground 9 days after the surgery, might as well be in recovery there

Use the campground time for convalescing and mental therapy.  Relax and let others due for you.  158493827_animated-smileys-weather-0401.gif.f95ea3711fdb9aaac36c716d379698bc.gif

May you have a speedy and uneventful recovery.

• Like 1

• Staff

Surgery was today, it went well accord to my wife. She had a conversation with the doctor when I was still out like a light. Lol

Pretty sore at the moment. Looking forward to getting back to somewhat normal. Once healed enough I want to start riding my bicycle for some low impact excise. It'll be at least a week before I can think about that though.

20220803_151718.jpg

• Like 3