• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Turtle Wax Trim Restorer

I just used some of this stuff today and really like the outcome. You wipe the stuff on, wait about 5 minutes and wipe off or buff a little.

This mower is 19 years old to give you an idea. It would seem my phone didn't bother to actually take a picture of it all completely done, even though it made the snap noise - very aggravating when it does that. So, I'll get an "after" photo next time.

I just wanted to share with the group. If it turns to trash soon I'll let everyone know. For now, other than the scratches these black tanks could pass for new!

EDIT: I forgot to mention this stuff goes on clear.

KIMG0903.JPG

KIMG0902.JPG

Edited by LorenS

• Staff

I used a product called Cerakote on the truck trim when I was putting it back together after the body work and paint.  I applied it in January of 2021.  This is what it looks like after exposure to the sun 17 months later.

IMG_7637.JPG.90b50a9eb6390bbea9d70775bd27c4d7.JPG

driver's doorhandle

IMG_7638.JPG.918b0a7452691024bf3b4505646be381.JPG

trim under driver's side window

I told a friend about Cerakote and this was his email back to me after using it in April. He sent some pic of his truck after it was applied

"Hi Dan,
Forgot to tell you that the CeraKote I used on my Ranger gave stunning results.
Some of my trim was turning pretty chalky white. It looks like I had it all resprayed black.
Literally good as new.
Thanks for the tip, and as always, “your check is in the mail”.
John"

IMG_1009.jpg.0f7d2265d43703572730cf458f081f6f.jpgIMG_1011.jpg.93689dd2750a439ae8d8792fad4fda66.jpg

Edited by IBMobile
  • Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, LorenS said:

Wow, that Cerakote certainly seemed to live up to the cost!

You get what you pay for in this world, well most of the time.  Look at it this way, I applied it once 17 months ago; with a cheaper product I might have had 6 "restore" treatments to have the same outcome.   So, would you rather be applying a back to black product or doing something else with your irreplicable time.