• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Something else to keep me occupied

• Staff

I presently have both, my harley is a 2008 anniversary edition wide glide. Then there's my 1977 gold wing. Both great bikes are great in their own rite. Since buying the Harley though I rarely ride the gold wing so my daughter wants it. She just recently got her motorcycle endorsement, she came over last weekend and took it for a ride. She loved it. So it's now hers. I think she also wanted it because it was dad's bike. She's a bit of a daddy's girl. Lol

I at least know she will take care of it.

• Like 1

Been watching a program here called junk and disorderly where 3 guys buy and sell automotive stuff to try to get enough money to buy an old Buick (i think)

Anyway one of the 3    Allen Millyard has built some seriously cool bikes   for 1 how about a 6 cylinder kawasaki Z900 ! also the Flying Millyard and He's fitted a Viper V10 into a motorcycle.... 200mph. He's a Nuke engineer and a rocket scientist, one clever guy 

Take a look here https://www.bing.com/search?q=allen+millyard&cvid=701adf08318142b5861069bd6f8912e3&aqs=edge.0.0l9.5767j0j9&FORM=ANAB01&PC=U531

I love the V twin Honda 100 made out of a Honda 50 single, the 4 cylinder kawasaki KH 2 stroke and the Z1 6 cylinder.

I watched him do a asphalt hill climb on the flying millyard,  sure it's 5litre

26 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Some people have the skills to do things like that. I'm not at that level. Lol

Me neither but I guess the day job (nuclear engineer) gives away his skill, he'd be retired from nuke stuff now I'd guess

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday I bought myself a Ultrasonic parts cleaner, wasn't nowhere near cheap as it's MIUK and not china, I could have bought a chinese made one quite cheap the UK one was not cheap, I get the Vat back because I'm a business so thats 20% less 

Professional nearly 8 imperial gallon tank or 9.5 US gallons, with basket, all stainless steel

I have quite a few parts off the Harley to clean and I also repair and restore Magnetos so looking forward to it arriving and seeing what it can do

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

No nothing at all

Still waiting for the call to say the motor machining is finished.  The company I took it to is not far from Donnington race track and they are the choice for the entire race fraternity both cars and bikes, just a couple of old guys and they go there own pace and that's  that, first used them over 35 years ago to rebore  a yamaha RD 400. When I dropped the harley engine off the shop floor was buried in engines, parts etc must have had a 100 jobs ongoing easily. I'm really busy anyway so not too bothered at the moment.  Hopefully work will slack off some soon.  I recently got 3 land regeneration sites for one company that I look after quite a bit of mobile plant plus the 11 sites for the Co I used to work for. And I thought I was semi retired,  my diesel bill isn't far off £300 per week because of the miles I'm doing site to site

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well just this weekend decided to go halfs on my brothers workshop with him, my brother uses it  part time but he does car panel welding, he has a 80's Vauxhall Cavalier to do which to me looks ssrap but the owner wants it done and is prepared to pay for it to be done, I guess as you get older you don't really realise that what younger people class as classic cars are way younger than certainly what I class as a classic car !

We did a 2007 Ford Transit SWB van this weekend, both front steps, both inner cills, both outer cills, big underquote as bro went and checked it out in the DARK ( glad I didn't go look at the job) :)  only panels we had bought were both steps and both short cills so maybe close to 10 to 15 ft of fabrication for cill panels.

The good thing is this van repair had half paid for a Lincoln Electric Squarewave 255 TIG welder we bought on friday, is AC/DC so will weld ally, I have a 1920 something JAP engine case to do :)  and just maybe I'll be able to hardtail the Harley frame I have

Edited by wil440

1 hour ago, Doubletrouble said:

I read through all that and all I took away was hardtail a Harley frame. Lol

yeah the rest is a means to an end   BUT I now have a TIG :thumb1:

Edited by wil440

• 3 months later...

Finally got the call to say the engine is done, I got the nod from a friend of mine about 4 weeks ago to say the company was shut, done, closed finished so Off I went straight away to check, they were shutting but the guy guaranteed me it would be done so bearing in mind these 2 guys had been messing me around since may22 I told them they had 2 weeks or I come back and take a pile of machinery, guy said he was waiting for crank bearings so I asked if someone was making them with a nail file as nearly 10 months was taking the ~~ss

Going to pick it up next week at some point

• Confused 1

• 1 month later...

I got around to collecting the motor 2 weeks or so ago, all looks good but haven't had any time at all to do anything with it

I did get a really nice brand new hardtail frame off of a guy 25 miles from me for the sum of £150, it's set up for a pre unit triumph so will need the engine mounts removed and the seat post moved further back

Also had a bit of luck with a crame company that has sold out to another bigger main dealer, 2 forklifts, one electric 1 ton shop truck and a big diesel 3 tonner, a 65 ton Laycock press, 2 x 3 phase 440v compressors  the biggest of ran the entire workshop and spray shop of a british Leyland main dealership close to me when I was a kid and a electric/ hydraulic crane maybe for my truck of our big trailer

• Like 2