• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Ok this is starting to make me mad

So, I'm still having the P0237 code problem, even after I sent my ecm (which was barely scraping by apparently) to ACS. I ended up shelling out the $499,plus another $165 for the wts light fix. Tried disconnecting the battery terminals to see if it was a ghost from the past, but the codes still won't clear. I tried just removing the quadzilla, and still no dice. 

I checked all three wires. Ground is grounding, 5 volt reference is getting power, and the signal wire shows continuity between the ecm connector and the map sensor connector. Wtf am I missing? 

I'm seriously considering pulling everything, selling it, and going to a P-pump. Because I'm disgusted with the computer bs already. Seriously, I just spent almost $700 and it's still not happy. I stg this truck is cursed. And I'm probably getting karma back for something stupid a long time ago. 

😭😭😭😭

I did yesterday. They offered to rebuild my computer again. I also ordered a genuine cummins map sensor since the one I have now was from O'Reillys. I was told our trucks don't mix well with aftermarket parts. 

39 minutes ago, Ravewolf said:

I was told our trucks don't mix well with aftermarket parts. 

I've heard that more than once. Being how sensitive these trucks seem to be to electrical anomalies, I kinda believe it.

• Owner

I'm not a Cummins parts fan being most parts are NOT produced by Cummins and not worth the money. I've seen failed head gaskets (Cummins HG made by BLK) in under 1k miles,  Cummins thermostats (made by Mr.  Gasket). They are not that sensitive being Timbos APPS is not even a Cummins product or designed for our engine but it works for over 250k miles till mine finally wore out. Just consider the high idle switch again not designed by Cummins but it works no issue by hundreds for people. Again not that sensitive.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Thanks 1

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm not a Cummins parts fan being most parts are NOT produced by Cummins and not worth the money. I've seen failed head gaskets (Cummins HG made by BLK) in under 1k miles,  Cummins thermostats (made by Mr.  Gasket). They are not that sensitive being Timbos APPS is not even a Cummins product or designed for our engine but it works for over 250k miles till mine finally wore out. Just consider the high idle switch again not designed by Cummins but it works no issue by hundreds for people. Again not that sensitive.

This may be the reason the economy is experiencing a pull back as so many factors are creating uneasy feelings about the future. When Cummins goes to average manufacturers placing their name on the box I  see as indicative of our world today. This of course is only one company but, integrity and confidence seems to be diminishing in many sectors across the globe. Add society as a whole with the lack of real education , lack of teaching and setting examples of good work ethic. I say many avenues of previous strength are showing more and more potholes in the pavement.

Anyone agree?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

This may be the reason the economy is experiencing a pull back as so many factors are creating uneasy feelings about the future. When Cummins goes to average manufacturers placing their name on the box I  see as indicative of our world today. This of course is only one company but, integrity and confidence seems to be diminishing in many sectors across the globe. Add society as a whole with the lack of real education , lack of teaching and setting examples of good work ethic. I say many avenues of previous strength are showing more and more potholes in the pavement.

Anyone agree?

I do. Most corporations now are more worried about the bottom line than integrity. It seems so bad they'll sell their own children to keep things in the red.  

I remember when I was little that Snap On was the tool of "professional" mechanics. Now I hear nothing but horror stories about junk ratchets and their power tools. 

This, to me, is indicative of the idea that numbers mean more than reputation, and no matter what, you have to make a certain profit, even if it damages your brand in the future. 

8 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

So what you're saying is I probably blew $115 on something I didn't need. Figures. Oh well, I'll change it anyway and keep the other one as a spare just in case. 

• Like 2

• Owner

I've made the same mistake years ago and no longer running to Cumnins or Mopar for any parts. Over priced reboxed junk with Cummins logo. Just like Mopar filters are just rebadged fleetguard. As for gasser filter Mopar filter is actually a Fram. Again just rebadged and still junk but pay big bucks.

• Like 1

It all comes down to every single person, company, business getting into bed with China to "save" money, some companies do have an iron control over design and quality, most don't

I was looking for a shop hydraulic press to press the crank out of a ironhead case... around £80 for a 6 ton press...... every single one on ebay listed as UK stock but down at the bottom of the page the real supply address.... yes china

I'd rather leave the crank in the case and never touch is again rather than buy a chinese press

The west is filling up Xi Pings coffers just as we have done with Puckin and we will rue the day if we already don't, you guys have some of your manufacturing base left we in the UK on the other hand don't, most large manufacturing companies here are foreign owned.

Our stupid government is only just now putting the brakes on the private sale of a chip manufacturing company here selling to a chinese company, the chips are used in the military....... this should never have got out of the starting blocks

• Like 1

I fixed it! Found a wire to my buss system I made was cooked through at the pdc. Did some moving of wires, and got the codes to clear (except for the abs but I know what that is). I'm so happy to have my truck back again after 6 months of being broken! But now I can't drive her because of the damn fuel prices. Fml. 

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 3:25 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

I've made the same mistake years ago and no longer running to Cumnins or Mopar for any parts. Over priced reboxed junk with Cummins logo. Just like Mopar filters are just rebadged fleetguard. As for gasser filter Mopar filter is actually a Fram. Again just rebadged and still junk but pay big bucks.

Sorry to go off topic a bit on this post but Mopar Man, I'm curious to what brands for filters for these trucks you recommend? I'd like recommendations for Oil, Fuel, and water separator for my Air Dog if possible! Part numbers that work would be the best so I can plan accordingly.

On 5/30/2022 at 6:14 PM, Ravewolf said:

I fixed it! Found a wire to my buss system I made was cooked through at the pdc. Did some moving of wires, and got the codes to clear (except for the abs but I know what that is). I'm so happy to have my truck back again after 6 months of being broken! But now I can't drive her because of the damn fuel prices. Fml. 

Glad you solved the issue, and Thanks for sharing the fix, a lot of times we never get to hear the end results! If you need anything else contact us, Thanks for the business and Best Regards, ACS!!

• Like 1