• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Exciting New Change !!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Owner

So here is a sample of some of the planned changes. 

First and foremost I'll be dropping wrenching for the public and going back to working on Dodge Cummins Diesels only. Now I'm going to be buying a GoPro Cameras and start doing selective jobs and documenting everything as I go. Currently I've got one customer at the house with a 24V 2nd Gen needs front end work, oil pan gasket, and AirDog fuel system. So this will produce at least 3 new articles on the website and YouTube Videos that will go with the articles. I know I've had Beast in the Lime Light for quite awhile. @Honey Badger and I agree we are going to shift the light to Thor. Start doing the work on Thor getting it built up the same way I did Beast. So there will be a tuner install, oil leaks to fix, new exhaust system, I'll even pull my injectors out and do an article on injector install. I'm going to be looking to get as much of my parts from the vendors here and supporting them with my projects.

You all will see me on the website much more now. This will be my main focus from here on. Being I'm going to be busy working on the website and building articles and improving the website this means I'm going to be hiring volunteer staff for the website. I'm going to want to have some volunteers that are will to do particular jobs on the website so I can be focused on article production. So I've already have @Honey Badger which is handling all the bookkeeping and some of the PR stuff. As for general Manage and also handling PR for the entire website will be @First Diesel Middleton. He'll be the one to handle general issues and support of members once I get him trained up. Then there is @Doubletrouble he's been helping out with advertising and gather vendors like @Genos Garage. There is going to be more job positions but I will warn you that we need people that want to be here on a daily basis and help with the site. There will be requirement that you'll have to meet and there will be weekly meeting either by forum message and/or by phone. 

I've got several irons in the fire currently and going to be tweaking the site to prepare for like the return of the store, new articles and updates to older articles, expanding into 3rd gen and 4th gen articles (looking to purchase a 4th gen in rough shape), email support as well for paying members, garage is going to be tweaked and used more for modifications and listing of them, everything is going to be looked at and possibly tweaked a bit.

This is just the tip of the iceberg... Stay tuned you going to see things get busy here soon.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

• Staff

Looking forward to it. I believe the site has a lot of potential to grow even more than it has already. The information here is invaluable to a Dodge/Cummins owner that does their own wrenching. Our members are also what makes the site so friendly and useful. 

Thanks to @Honey Badger, I kind of envisioned the site going this way at some point but I lack the knowledge and experience with LLC and other aspects of the transition. 

Ill be here and do my part to keep things moving forward in the future. 

• Owner

I'll admit my knowledge of LLC setup is near nothing. But @Honey Badger has been huge help getting all the paperwork and framework set up.

Then with @First Diesel Middleton he's worked with a lot of larger companies and has his own resource people which is going to be very helpful.

Oh I'll be looking for moderators for the forums. I need to find at least 1 person per each forum. Right now it will be majority 2nd gen people. These moderators need to well versed in that generation. These people have to be present every day and help the subscribers answer questions and provide links to said info. If the info isn't in the articles we need to plan to build articles to answer those questions. Give me a bit I've got to get permission mask built for the new staff and then the hiring process will begin. Again I'll have final say but I'm going to hand this off to staff to vet people that would be capable of handling these task.

Some of the changes we are currently kicking around are a "noob" forum. This will be a basic mechanical forum that will teach simple things like checking tire pressure, putting oil in, and jump starting. We want to broaden out customer base. We also think a "noob" section could pass our current members passions on to the new generations. These are just some of the ideas we are working on.

• Staff
7 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

Some of the changes we are currently kicking around are a "noob" forum. This will be a basic mechanical forum that will teach simple things like checking tire pressure, putting oil in, and jump starting. We want to broaden out customer base. We also think a "noob" section could pass our current members passions on to the new generations. These are just some of the ideas we are working on.

Not a bad idea. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Yup I totally agree on the noob stuff. @Honey Badgerbusted me on the the simple noob stuff. So that is going to be one of the first things I'm going to dive into on the article writing. I've got a few guys here in the valley with 1st Gen trucks and then I've got a buddy down the road with a 12V 2nd Gen so I can get some this stuff off those trucks and show locations of parts and what do do to change filters, oil so forth. 

• Like 3

• Owner

Ummm... That's a tough one I don't think there is much of a few sure solution unless your game for WVO or WEO fuels. I'm still kind of skeptical about waste oil fuels. 

Might not be a bad idea to do some research back into the WEO and WVO options and see if there is any improvement in using other fuel types of this type. We had discussions about this back in 2008 and several members where trying different solutions most didn't fair to well and others did make a go of it but then fell on deaf ears and disappeared. 

16 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll admit my knowledge of LLC setup is near nothing. But @Honey Badger has been huge help getting all the paperwork and framework set up.

Then with @First Diesel Middleton he's worked with a lot of larger companies and has his own resource people which is going to be very helpful.

Oh I'll be looking for moderators for the forums. I need to find at least 1 person per each forum. Right now it will be majority 2nd gen people. These moderators need to well versed in that generation. These people have to be present every day and help the subscribers answer questions and provide links to said info. If the info isn't in the articles we need to plan to build articles to answer those questions. Give me a bit I've got to get permission mask built for the new staff and then the hiring process will begin. Again I'll have final say but I'm going to hand this off to staff to vet people that would be capable of handling these task.

If you want to run the articles by me before you publish them I can check them for curse-of-knowledge issues.

3 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

:think:

Gonna need an explanation of this one.. Unless its a way of saying back off the too technical stuff making an article hard to understand

I do a lot of technical editing/writing work. There's a phenomenon in in technical writing and educational writing called the "curse-of-knowledge" The author/expert who knows about the topic overlooks sharing the fundamental knowledge with the end users and inadvertently makes assumptions that the end user knows certain essential things when they probably do not. I.e., they assume that you know that the device has to be "plugged in" before you begin to follow the instructions and forget to share that essential information to bridge the gap between not knowing anything and knowing. This is a common issue with technical instruction manuals.

As an example: in the Quadzilla I just set up I had to scrub countless YouTube videos to figure out that you have to be connected to Wifi to select your vehicle profile, but you can't enter the parameters for your truck i.e. transmission Type, Dif gearing, tire circumference, until you hook it up to your car. So I had to struggle to figure that out. It was a barrier to entry. I overcame it but if they had simply put that in the manual that would have been a much quicker easier process.

Does that make sense?

Edited by leety
  • Like 2

• Owner
2 hours ago, leety said:

I do a lot of technical editing/writing work. There's a phenomenon in in technical writing and educational writing called the "curse-of-knowledge" The author/expert who knows about the topic overlooks sharing the fundamental knowledge with the end users and inadvertently makes assumptions that the end user knows certain essential things when they probably do not. I.e., they assume that you know that the device has to be "plugged in" before you begin to follow the instructions and forget to share that essential information to bridge the gap between not knowing anything and knowing. This is a common issue with technical instruction manuals.

Guilty as charged...  :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mopar1973Man said:

Guilty as charged...  :doh:

No guilt is required. This is nominally the way it is when experts write to an audience with no knowledge. You are not alone. Some of the authors I work with have this issue in spades, and they have PhD's lol. This is one of my skills, bridging the technical gap between the no-nothings and the Yoda's. You my friend are a Yoda!

We need an article for the Quadzilla, which I may write. I'm facing all the newb issues on getting started with the Quadzilla. I'm going to have to get an Android phone as a dedicated appliance for programming and data logging. The iPhone ain't cutting it! I have not found any cogent getting started with the Quadzilla articles out there at all. I am smart enough to learn this stuff but there is a shortage of information.

• Like 3

• Owner

The Sage continues...

I just order my GoPro Camera and got it coming so I can start producing YouTube videos, etc. I order the GoPro10 and the accessory package with different mounts and so forth. Next week I'll get busy making videos and building more into the article database. I'll be able to create videos for tuning purposes and show you how to get the most from a Quadzilla tuner and much more. I'm very serious about taking this to the next level. 

I've even had a nice chat with @dieselautopower and his wife this morning. I explained about how I'm going to be wanting to order parts and supplies from DAP and be able to call them out in the video similar to other TV show like Roadkill so this is started and we will see how far it goes. 

I even made a call to @Genos Garagesetting up the account so I can purchase parts and stuff needed for Thor and other projects. This is completed and my account is up and running and gotta say "Thank You" to Robin and Keith over at @Genos Garagefor helping get this set up and completed. I'll be ordering a seat foam and seat bottom cover very soon and getting started on the project once the GoPro shows up on Tuesday. 

• Like 4

I cant wait to see some of the videos.  I just got that same camera for Christmas from my wife to record my kayak fishing videos.  I was using a Gopro Hero 5 Session  before.  I liked the Session because it was small and waterproof but you're not able to change out the battery if it dies.  The Hero 10 shoots some great video, you're gonna like it.

• Thanks 1