• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looming Economic Crash

JAG1

• Staff

Is everyone holding their breath or are you battening down the hatch? So much confusion with market rallies this summer to drastic devaluations in housing etc. What's your thoughts? Mine is that the Government is in Disarray, does not want to work, is ineffective, dumping huge piles of debt on the the American people and heading for certain recession.

• Staff

Deisel fuel to go to $10/gal by this fall.

Price of food to double by Sept-Oct, from what it is now, due to increase in production (diesel) costs 

Wheat shortage due to war in Ukraine which is the 5th largest wheat producer and known as the breadbasket of Europe.  There will be famine in the world this winter.  Wheat price has gone up 18% since January. 

Price of heating fuel oil has doubled in a year and is still increasing. 

The cost of LNG is going up due to supplying Europe after shutting off Russia's pipeline and lower US inventory.

Housing market in in a nosedive due to overbuilding and rising interest rates, you may see a repeat of the 2008 housing market.'

Let's go Brandon!  They got what they voted for.

• Owner

I'm changing my mode of operation here even no longer going to be working on gas powered vehicles. I'm only going to focus on Dodge / Ram Cummins Diesel here here forth. Being dealing with people that owe on bills. @Honey Badger has stepped up and handling billing. 

I'm reducing my overhead by switching back to just diesels more so from home. If there is travel it going to have a price per mile. I'm also going to be picky about my rescue calls.

I'm going to gear more so around website work and working from the shop. 

Personally I've been gather can goods and other dry food stuff. 

• Like 1

Don't you have any faith in our system?So you're not going to get an adjustable rate HELOC loan and put your home equity money in the market?

Okay seriously... every outgoing dollar has to be for a need and not a want.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Is everyone holding their breath or are you battening down the hatch? So much confusion with market rallies this summer to drastic devaluations in housing etc. What's your thoughts? Mine is that the Government is in Disarray, does not want to work, is ineffective, dumping huge piles of debt on the the American people and heading for certain recession.

Status quo for Washington...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IBMobile said:

Deisel fuel to go to $10/gal by this fall.

Price of food to double by Sept-Oct, from what it is now, due to increase in production (diesel) costs 

Wheat shortage due to war in Ukraine which is the 5th largest wheat producer and known as the breadbasket of Europe.  There will be famine in the world this winter.  Wheat price has gone up 18% since January. 

Price of heating fuel oil has doubled in a year and is still increasing. 

The cost of LNG is going up due to supplying Europe after shutting off Russia's pipeline and lower US inventory.

Housing market in in a nosedive due to overbuilding and rising interest rates, you may see a repeat of the 2008 housing market.'

Let's go Brandon!  They got what they voted for.

Just a question.....the United States is a powerhouse in the world. When we were attacked on 9/11 and then retaliated, did the rest of the world have the meltdown like we're having now just because Russia invaded Ukraine? I don't think so. This is a total money grab and a very thought out agenda. To what end, that has yet to be discovered, but believe me, if it's bullcrap, January 6th will look like a freaking tea party.....

• Like 3

• Staff
8 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Don't you have any faith in our system?So you're not going to get an adjustable rate HELOC loan and put your home equity money in the market?

Okay seriously... every outgoing dollar has to be for a need and not a want.  

I'm doing the same buying much less. I'm slowing down my driving taking the lead out of my foot. I got by on 9/10 gallons of fuel for almost 2 weeks and that's good, watching every trip how I can make each one count more.

3 hours ago, Max Tune said:

Just a question.....the United States is a powerhouse in the world. When we were attacked on 9/11 and then retaliated, did the rest of the world have the meltdown like we're having now just because Russia invaded Ukraine? I don't think so. This is a total money grab and a very thought out agenda. To what end, that has yet to be discovered, but believe me, if it's bullcrap, January 6th will look like a freaking tea party.....

All I know is, I think your right... there is a lot of BS in the news, little to non existent support for any of the over blown headlines.

Edited by JAG1

Stock up on canned goods, pressure can food, store as much fuel as possible, load up on as much ammo as possible, be prepared for power/cellphone/internet outages, buy lots of seed for gardening, pile up the wood for you long winter folks, etc., etc.! I would also recommend buying a couple fuel/oil/air filter's per vehicle plus oil for at least two changes. Spread your stash around so if someone were to hold you up or burglarize you it's not all in one place. Keep what we call "30 day bucket's" in the house for when things go bad and you have folks coming over asking for help. They don't get to see your personal stash, just the "30 day bucket" with 30 day's worth of canned goods. Spread those around too for in case you have to leave in a hurry you can grab a couple and hit the road.

There are lots of ideas when it comes to cash. Some say gold. Others say silver. I like the silver idea for when, not if, the dollar fails. I also like to keep small bills in bulk, $20 and below. I've been talking about the country going back to a bartering system for a couple years now, since the loosing of C0bid on the world. I feel I have more wealth having something I can trade in terms of goods and services. Money is only going to get you so far in the future.

Lastly, Pray a ton and have faith in the Creator. He knows the plan and when it will play out. Be prepared to weather the inevitable storm.

God Bless You smart folks.  

• Like 2

• Staff

Let's not forget about the next maybe "pandemic" coming down the pike, monkey pox.  They are slowly ramping up the hysteria over this one.

As of 6/10/22 "Public health officials have identified 45 cases of monkeypox across 15 states and the District of Columbia, up from 21 the week before, while more than 1,300 cases have been detected globally in 31 countries." ¹  

The US now has over 100 million doses of smallpox vaccine with almost another 2 million either ready for shipment or being produced.

¹U.S.News

• Sad 1

Just read this while sitting in a square in Lockem Holland drinking beers .

I'm a whole lot closer to this Putin bull and I really don't get the batten down the hatches thinking. Yes life might get tough for a while certainly for us who are closer and don't forget putin could wipe the UK out within 15 minutes are we bothered.. no will he win... no.  are we bothered what it costs us as the UK to make sure he fails.... no... 

The UK and our commonwealth with  USA 

help beat one fool we'll beat this fool too

The UK and our commonwealth stood alone until Pearl Harbour and I'm sure I  read we paid the WW2 bill from the USA sometime in the 90's but I could be wro,ng on that but I do know we paid a lot for a long time.

And slightly different but sort of the same.  There's a huge amount of negative thoughts here about being dragged into wars in the Middle East which we are paying for in our security, we don't have our own shooting people but we have terrorists that can just row here

Apologies for the rant but putin needs stopped and I for one think everyone needs to chip in

• Like 1

This has been coming for awhile now, its just impossible to time the market.  ~5 years ago the housing market started to go parabolic which is not a good thing and everything else started to follow.    Things were getting out of control and no one every addressed the issue.  

Gov spending has been out of control on both sides of the isle for a very long time and now it is time to pay the piper.    Time to come back to earth.  

Stay employed, find happiness locally / help the community, and ignore the negativity as it will drag you down until you are angry and helpless.  Times might get tough, but things are still much better than 100 years ago

Edited by Me78569

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

Stay employed, find happiness locally / help the community, and ignore the negativity as it will drag you down until you are angry and helpless.  Times might get tough, but things are still much better than 100 years ago

Edited 58 minutes ago by Me78569

Agree 100% 👍 

I just got home from 2 weeks getting to and being in and getting back from Denmark

diesel was £1.79 ish when we set off, today it's £1.96 per litre, my guess it will be £2.00 per litre before the end of the month

that will be £9.10 per uk gallon

our government has done a deal with Rywanda to send illegal immigrants that come across the English channel in dingies to there..... 1000's come over per month to the point where our systems like social security, health care, housing etc is crumbling

Rywanda desperatly needs people

The do gooders here have been mounting legal challenges to stop this, all have failed but one yesterday stopped the first flight

95% to 99% are young males with no wife or children come to sponge off of the UK instead of staying in their own country and sorting their own chit out

Women and children on there own won't be deported

The Ukrainian refugees are all women and children as their men all stayed to fight hence there is a safe route with assistance for them here, we have a scheme where you can sponsor a family if you have room in your house