• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Looming Economic Crash

JAG1

• Staff

I am glad I drove to Scottsdale Arizona to see my Mother right before the increase in fuel. It was nice going all back roads spending 8 days on the road there and back. It was cool going in February. We are supposed to have a bad recession so say the experts. I am ready for it because I would rather go camping than work anyhow at my age but, people keep offering more money so I will work on their place. I'm a good contractor they all say. I have accomplished a lot in 43 years of it.

Worse mistake I ever made was I got one little tiny speck of a piece of gravel underneath @IBMobile's new RV roof when I glued it down. By the end of the day it became a huge boulder under there, he was so crabby.

No he wasn't crabby at all :thumb1:

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1

• Staff

Interesting bit about the 3,000 to 10,000 cattle that died in Kansas. Cattle ranchers are saying it's not global warming as those temps happen often enough in Kansas and other states so they know cows can handle it usually loosing only one or two cows, Add that farmers know what to do to when a heat wave is coming. Most fed lots have cooling mist sprayers to help too.

Now there is speculation that a possible terrorist has contaminated the feed sold around the state and after autopsy reports are in they are hoping to find what actually happened.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 6/16/2022 at 7:08 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

Diesel fuel just crossed  6.00 dollars a gallon here in Idaho.

It was a touch over $6 in Indiana last week, less in Illinois and Kentucky. Got home to Kansas City and it was (and is still) $5.09-5.29 depending on the part of town.

Again, loving my '05 VW Passat TDI! Got an average of about 42 MPG over that 1100 mile trip.

• Like 1

At least one food plant I know that's closing doesn't need financial help: the Smithfield/Farmer John's plant in Vernon, CA. I've been there a couple times, the last time was this February to gather information to quote millions of dollars of work to their refrigeration system. Maybe 60 years ago that location made sense, but it doesn't anymore. It's in the middle of a metropolis. I make my living going to slaughterhouses, and this is the ONLY one I've seen in this kind of area.

My taxes shouldn't be passed out to any company to help them overcome burdens imposed by another state, let alone a Chinese-owned mega company that can just as easily move that production to one of their other facilities.

I don't believe the fires are tinfoil-hat fodder. I believe the service techs with the most experience took early retirement, etc., due to the Wuhan's, and without their expertise the plants are falling to pieces and mistakes are being made by rookies who are being overworked due to staff shortages. Preventative inspections are being skipped, procedures like having a dedicated firewatch (when applicable) are impossible due to lack of manpower, etc.

Edited by LorenS
  • Sad 1

• Staff

Add to this that china is buying up our agricultural land and food processing plants, what's next...are they buying our leaders too? It's sad that no one wants to keep America strong, we are giving it away.

• Staff
17 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

Bill Gates has been buying agricultural land for some time. Supposedly he owns a very large amount of acreage. He is also one to push the GMO agenda and he is in line with the leftist ways.

Do you think that huge investments in food processing and ag land are because these people realize that the rate of inflation is being triggered more by a rocket trajectory of an exploding population and it's enormous demands on the world's food supply and other goods and services?

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
On 6/19/2022 at 11:28 AM, JAG1 said:

Do you think that huge investments in food processing and ag land are because these people realize that the rate of inflation is being triggered more by a rocket trajectory of an exploding population and it's enormous demands on the world's food supply and other goods and services?

No. 

Think a second.

How do farmer plant fields? Diesel Tractor.

How does the crop get to market? Diesel Semi-truck.

How does the store get food on the shelves? Employees, with either gas or diesel powered vehicles.

It has zero to do with population but more to do with Biden's desire to shut down all petroleum production. So since fuel is 6.00 a gallon for diesel and figure a single tank on a semi-truck could be 100 gallons that is $600 a tank for fuel. Consider the farm tractors what it takes for running them through the fields to havest or plant said crops. Prices must go up. Like myself I had to change prices of everything I'm doing to stay profitable. Heck with price a fuel I'm now charging $3 a mile to travel to jobs period no questions asked because fuel is so expensive. It takes 180 to 200 dollars to fill Thor now. Use to be just 80 to 90 dollars to fill up now its doubled. Population just means the oil companies are making HUGE profits because of because the opulation needs to pay there bills and working as much as possible and that means travel to and from work. Again population is just the multiplier of the profits that oil company are grining and enjoying Biden's push for the Green New Deal. Nothing green in it for us but the oil companies.  

• Thanks 1