• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

It had to happen

IBMobile

• Staff

I Had an 4' high by 88' long block wall built with all the materials delivered on 12 pallets.  The block and brick company charges a deposit of $31/pallet.  I bring back 6 pallets at a time and after returning the last 6 I drive up to the office for the refund.  My wife says, "park it here in front of the sales office".   OK. 

My wife and I go into the office, get the refund, turn to leave and are greeted with "is that your truck out there"? 

"Why yes, it is" I replied. 

He then requests if I could move it because his trailer is "Real close " to my truck. 

" No problem" I tell him, and we go outside to see what needs to be done.  I see that his trailer is almost inside my truck and the trailer's spare had rubbed on the right door.   I moved my truck over a couple of feet and that's when I saw the damage to the right front fender.  This guy wasn't going to tell me that he had damaged the truck.  I think he hoped I would have just moved the truck and not looked for damage, wrong.

When I saw the damage, I said "license, registration, proof of insurance" and he gave it all to me.  All right.  I then pointed to my trucks wind shield and said "Do you see that camera in the windshield?  It's video recording everything that going on".         

With that revelation he finally said " Ya, I did it".

I uploaded a 3-part video on YouTube from the dash cam.  In the first video the action starts at 1min 44 sec into it.  The second video the action stops after 50 sec.  The third video has action all the way through it. 

972476763_IMG_5396(1).jpg.5fe7cd29096adf5072774a4459a123a6.jpg

IMG_7733.JPG.349dcef72daaf08f0ec6f298876694ad.JPG

• Sad 5

• Staff
31 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Has his insurance company come thru for you yet?

NO.  This event occurred May 25 and the claim was submitted the same day with the truck owner's insurance company, Mercury.  I was told an adjuster would call me the next day, crickets.  I called the Mercury contact person on June 15 and was told she has been trying to contact the owner of the truck, for 3 weeks, BS.  I told her that after June 22 I'll be filling a claim with my issuance compony for damages from an uninsured motorist and let them handle it.

Sorry to see and hear that. I hate dealing with insurance companies. You pay late you pay an additional late fee or they cancel you. But when it comes to do what you’re paying them to do they take their sweet a$$ time. 

• Thanks 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

This is why I DO NOT live in a city and hate to be in the city. People are stupid and don't give a crap. Thankfully I'm back home in West Central Idaho. 

MoparMan moved from big city, now he big diesel physicist :thumb1: very much true too!

• Haha 1

• Owner

I was born and raised in LA California. After having things stolen from my home, my car broken into multiple times. Then dealing with the traffic and other issues down there I bailed out to Idaho with my family back in 1990. I don't like even Lewiston or Boise because they are too big of a city really to live in either. I'm way better off staying put right here in Idaho where I'm at. Less dumb-:moon: drivers, less theft problems, less taxes, less cost of living, etc. I didn't have a choice of where I was born or living when I was young but now I know the truth and don't want any of the current big city issue. @JAG1 I know you struggle with being outside of Proland, OR.

• Staff
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

People are stupid and don't give a crap. Thankfully I'm back home in West Central Idaho. 

Where people are intelligent and not constipated. :smart: 

Here in SoCal there seems to be a dumb a$$ butthead around every corner in a hurry to get some where.  They think there time has more value than my time.  That's what happened in my case, The truck driver was in a hurry and tried to squeeze by instead of stopping and checking or waiting for me to move my truck.  Now I'm spending time dealing with an insurance compony that doesn't give a rip about me and then taking it to the body shop for repair, which is a 45min trip one way.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

UPDATE, it's been 7 weeks since he ran his trailer into my truck, and I put a claim in to their insurance company, Mercury.  The only response from Mercury has been a form letter saying that they're looking into the claim.  Seven weeks is long enough to look into it.  I turned it over to my insurance company, USAA, and let them deal with it. 

Got my wife a used Volvo XC90 a couple of weeks ago and put a dash cam with rear camera in it.  It's recording coming and going.  

• Staff

I would call the state insurance board not sure that's the name but, there is a Gov't agency that will like to hear about your story. I would call them and file all the forms to start any legal action. I would be calling the insurance co. to let them know but, don't just talk to any lower company people hired to brush off claimants, talk to there boss and then the bosses boss. Let them know how unrelenting you are about this injustice.

The second thing is to call the builders board and find out what contractors liability insurance they have and talk with them about the company employee hit you with the company truck. Don't let crooks off the hook.

Another story, My good friend does concrete flatwork and showed a video of the mail man running the stop sign and hitting my bud's tuck. The mail man with terrible integrity denied it until he found out about the video taken from a front porch cam. It happened in front of the work he is doing and his client had one of those doorbell cams that caught the whole thing. Well it turns out the post office is self insured for everything and said that they will not accept any video from any source. This story pisses me off too!

What the heck did my dad give his life for? A country of  weak spine crooks that cannot stand up for what is right? This stuff pisses me off.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner
On 6/20/2022 at 2:05 PM, JAG1 said:

MoparMan moved from big city, now he big diesel physicist :thumb1: very much true too!

Yes its true I was raised in Mission Hills, CA (Outside of Los Angeles, CA). I lived there till I was 20 years old and moved to Idaho in 1990. Diesels is just the most resent thing I'm doing. I've done car stereos for about 5 years this included rebuilding cassette decks and stereo installs in vehicles. The I create Cloud 10 Computers and built and sold custom built computers for the local area this included setup for internet and networking as well on Windows I closed down that business in 2008 when the market crashed. Then I swapped to doing diesel work. I've been wrenching on diesel since I bought mine in 2002. Now the website spurs off another talent for Linux Servers and Linux Desktop setup. I could technically restart "Cloud 10 Computers" and go into Linux Desktops and Linux Server setups. I'm capable of both Debian (Ubuntu Linux) and RedHat (CentOS 7 Linux) Administration. Lets put it this way I've locked down this website so good the Server Admins at the hosting company can't even get in till I turn off a few things. Yup it secure! The Server Admin told me my setup is the best security they ever seen! I've built several personal PC on Linux and people love them because they NEVER fail, unlike Microsoft junk... :linux:

• Staff
10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

there is a Gov't agency that will like to hear about your story. I would call them and file all the forms to start any legal action.

There is a state insurance commissioner office that i could contact and fill out a complaint form but unless it's an egregious violation they most likely will not do anything about it.

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I would be calling the insurance co. to let them know but, don't just talk to any lower company people hired to brush off claimants, talk to there boss and then the bosses boss. Let them know how unrelenting you are about this injustice.

The "boss" would probably give the claims agent a letter of commendation for doing what they are supposed to do... give out as little money as possible per claim.

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

The second thing is to call the builders board and find out what contractors liability insurance

I thought that contractor's liability insurance was to cover deficiencies in work performed, not for dumb driving. 

10 hours ago, JAG1 said:

the post office is self insured for everything and said that they will not accept any video from any source.

That's their policy but not the law.  He should have sued in small claims Cort the post office and served the postmaster and let the judge see the video.   An entity's policy is not a law so the police and courts will not enforce it.  Some workers in law enforcement don't know the difference between policy and laws and will try to enforce policies.

6 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Yes its true I was raised in Mission Hills, CA (Outside of Los Angeles, CA). I lived there till I was 20 years old

I'm very sorry to hear that but it explains a lot.   :whistle: