• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Thor - New Project Truck

• Owner

UPDATE!

GoPro camera showed up late last night I charged up all the batteries and check all the accessories I bought. This is prefect for a camera. All kinds of mounts and for your body or on the vehicle. I did a quick test video last night and the GoPro can be ran from my cellphone even editing on my phone. I've got to play catch up with A/C jobs locally. I'm going to do a test video in Beast to town. Let's see how it does.

16564177538435124826028485672576.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Here we go...

I got the GoPro camera set up and using the head band for the first video clip. Please don't judge to harshly my video skills are rusty and need to learn more about the camera so I'm shooting from the hip this time to get things started. 

So the story line behind this video is the last trip on Friday I was heading out to @Honey Badgerplace to help with yard work. I loaded up my BigTex trailer and had my lawn mower, weed wacker, and ATV loaded. I was heading up the canyon toward New Meadows, ID and the grid heater light popped on and chimed multiple times. I knew the grid heater light is a sign of high return flow or loss of rail pressure. When I got the chance to stop and shut down the engine was covered in fuel being the line is under pressure and spraying at better than 18,000 PSI. I jump back in and started and ran for home. Now the GoPro came and I did my first youtube video. Basically got the truck primed up with a hole in the line and then fired up and look and see with the camera on my forehead. Sad to say it didn't see the leak on the video. So I grabbed the selfie sitck and stuff the camera back down and shot a second clip showing the leak running. 

@dieselautopowerhas been called and #4 line is coming.

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Staff

Bummer on the injection line. I can’t recall when the updated line/clamp came out, but it’s worth looking into to ensure that’s what you get. Keep the #4 line tight. I never had an issue, but it was one of the few spares I carried. I wouldn’t change all 6, just the failed one. 

Going back to your first post in this thread, don’t waste your money on a cold air intake. I haven’t seen one yet that does better that the OEM intake, and if you need more air do the Home Depot mod. I did lots, and lots, of dirt road driving with my 05 and the stock box/Home Depot mod and dirt/dust was never an issue, I did the UOA to show it. The OEM 4” pleat filter has the best flow and dirt holding capacity of them all, it’s rumored to be built by Wix and since you’re a Wix Napa fan that’s good. 

My 05 ran 415/850 to the rear wheels with a cam/turbo combo that moved a lot more air than the stock setup and I would easily get 30K miles out of the 4” filter and not suck the filter minder down. I could suck it down on the stock setup with the OE 2” filter and no Home Depot mod. 

• Owner

Here we go for Number 4 injector line replacement. Oh don't be too critical I know i fouled the camera angle again. I know the work space is dark in the video but I got a photo added to the article which was updated.

Things I've learned just pull the two 10mm bolts out first. Then might work a bit better to have a wobble joint.

Edited by Mopar1973Man