• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jlwelding

Auto Head VS. Manual

dripley    1,151
dripley

i bought mine with a manual because the GCVWR was 4k pounds higher than the auto. i had also heard several stories of auto tranny failure. why they failed i don't know did not check it out. Though if you don't like shifting gears a 6 speed would be out of the question. stuck in traffic is a pita also. from what i am reading here i really don't think i would have gone wrong with an auto. i just got stuck on the GCVWR when i bought it.:thumbup2:

ISX    58
ISX

I don't think so. I know the auto's have that cooler thing under the exhaust manifold. Other than that I can't tell a difference.

Wild and Free    1,116
Wild and Free

No difference.

dripley    1,151
dripley

I should have said -any diffirance between manual trans 24 valvue head and auto trans 24 valvue head?

that does make a bit of a differance.:lol:

smokeythedodge    0
smokeythedodge

Get a head off a motor that is 245HP. They have better valve seats than the auto and 5 speed 235HP motor heads.