• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Wrecked whole truck

ICU_24VNUT

2000 3500 4x4 nv4500

Needs frame and both axels.

Wanting to put it into something else eventually, thinking like a 17+ powerstroke dead from emissions.... lots of them to grab... what other new vehicles would you recommend for a glider type setup?

Thank you 

Well for starters ford circles there problems :lmao:

All emissions diesels are available more widely with mechanical failures. 

And I meant glider as in like the semi industry where they buy new trucks and take out the out motor and put a good running non Emissions motor in. Same like I could do with a power joke.

• Staff
1 hour ago, ICU_24VNUT said:

Well for starters ford circles there problems :lmao:

All emissions diesels are available more widely with mechanical failures. 

And I meant glider as in like the semi industry where they buy new trucks and take out the out motor and put a good running non Emissions motor in. Same like I could do with a power joke.

I see... sounds pretty good if you get it done. I would not want to get caught. They have a way of really hurting you financially. Why not build a great second gen that doesn't have all the junk on it? Build a legal truck everyone would like to have, right?

• Staff

I guess it depends on the year and how it does or doesn't apply according to the way it's written. Usually written to get your money is the deal.

I think if you have an older truck, before emissions, you can get away with doing what you like but, don't quote me on that.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
16 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

you can get away with doing what you like but, don't quote me on that.

That engine change in California would not pass state smog inspection therefor could not be registered for road use.  The engine has to match the "under the hood " label and all emission control components installed.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1