• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Late July Jive...

JAG1

• Staff

Well it's that time again for firewood. We still have a couple/ three warm months to help it season and dry so it's a good time to be thinking about getting that going.

Jag1's Almanac only says it's going to be cold this winter with rain, snow wind. How perceptive! :)

1 hour ago, IBMobile said:

I still have over a cord left from what i split last year.  Since my wife burns it to put her in the mood, what kind of mood I have no idea, I won't be getting any more this year.   2069732120_animated-smileys-love-erotic-3011.gif.0eb49a278cbaf8e0d5bddbbcc584ea0d.gif

If you run out I guarantee you'll know what kind of mood she's in....you live dangerously my friend......

• Staff

I worked on it this morning from 7:30 to 1:30 (cooler) getting it stacked and sorted since some are too long to go into the wood stove I need to cut 2 -5 inches off on about half the load. Person I bought it from did not know what wood it is so when I started cutting I found it to be so hard the chainsaw won't cut very well. After sharpening the blade 3 times I got about halfway thru the longer ones but, man what a dang hard wood and so dry. A good deal for 140 bucks delivered. Lesson learned... cut Oak when its green and softer.

Cleaning up all the sawdust/ small chips is handy to put in paper bags so you can start a fire with the bag, makes it easy to get the fire going.

@IBMobile she likes to pretend you built her a cabin in the woods. If you run out of wood she'll be looking at mountain home plans real fast. :)

• Staff
12 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Been working on that 1 chainsaw tank at a time.  Almost done with the stack I have.  I think I need a few more trees.

So you limit the amount of time you work by how long the tank lasts? :thumb1:

• Staff

I accidentally put the chain oil into the empty fuel tank yesterday. Man, what a senior moment... hate this getting old thinking I can get more done if I hurry. Dumped that out added straight gas and rinsed it out, put the mixed with 2 stroke in there with chain oil in the right place. Wow she fired right up and is running smoother than ever. Must have cleared some dirt in the tank or something. I got about half of it cut and the heat was coming on and quit. I have a chair in the woodshed for when I run out of steam. Works perfect.