• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How hot are you?

• Owner

Here we are seeing signs of a early winter and a deep winter. Must be those DemocRATS news media feeding you misinformation. Bees and wasp are building nest high above the ground and early. They are also out collecting pollen and resources early before the winter storms come. Animals are still high on the mountains currently because of the heat but soon they will be coming down as the storms come. I don't listen to NOAA or any government agency for weather information. I pay attention to animals and my surroundings. Just like today I had to go up the mountain pull a mink out of the neighbors water line. Then the neighbors are warning of a bear coming to their place and raiding the apple trees. Soon to be here raiding as well. Bears are starting to bulk up for winter so... Winter is going to be most likely long and snowy.  

• Like 2

Cooler temps for the next couple of days here in Bellevue, WA. What's all this talk of Winter's coming? The thoughts of another 6 months of cloud cover here and grey is very depressing. Planning to move to the high desert part of WA state soon. 

Edited by Hutch24v

• Staff
13 hours ago, Hutch24v said:

Cooler temps for the next couple of days here in Bellevue, WA. What's all this talk of Winter's coming? The thoughts of another 6 months of cloud cover here and grey is very depressing. Planning to move to the high desert part of WA state soon. 

I come alive when cloudy and cool and wish I could cancel summer. It's just too hot for me. Mopar Man hides when its 111 degrees in summer.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Heck still getting mid 90s to 105°F. I get up in the morning at 6am and working by 7am. Like yesterday I got up and ran to McCall and installed injectors in just about 2.5 hours and was home by noon before it got really hot. The client was working local fire here in Donnelly ID. 2005 Dodge Ram 2500.

20220825_100302.jpg

• Owner

Like yesterday was @Honey Badger birthday. We both went up to her place. Honey badger brother came from Hawaii, her mom and dad was there, and friends. It was very warm all the way to 10pm when I left. It wasn't till I got to New Meadows I turned off the A/C. Even this morning is cool but still going to be warm.

Returned to something nearer normal here in the UK around 23C or 73F ish but sunny

Bank holiday weekend here, I have been on site from 8.00 this morning servicing a loading shovel and cleaning out the fuel system on a Lansing Linde forklift, no one else on site, just me, let myself in this morning alongside a canal in Nottingham ( Robin Hood country)  gotta be up there with the best working days in over 44 years, every so often the pop pop pop pop of a canal boat cruising on by.

Come to let myself out and the truck is leaking trans fluid from the bellhousing, turns it off to take a look and on the restart it isn't leaking, 20 miles home still not leaking, ah well thats messed the day up for sure, I really do hope I'm not pulling the trans, really haven't got time for that rubbish

• Staff
1 hour ago, wil440 said:

Returned to something nearer normal here in the UK around 23C or 73F ish but sunny

Bank holiday weekend here, I have been on site from 8.00 this morning servicing a loading shovel and cleaning out the fuel system on a Lansing Linde forklift, no one else on site, just me, let myself in this morning alongside a canal in Nottingham ( Robin Hood country)  gotta be up there with the best working days in over 44 years, every so often the pop pop pop pop of a canal boat cruising on by.

Come to let myself out and the truck is leaking trans fluid from the bellhousing, turns it off to take a look and on the restart it isn't leaking, 20 miles home still not leaking, ah well thats messed the day up for sure, I really do hope I'm not pulling the trans, really haven't got time for that rubbish

Sorry about your trans I hope its okay.

@wil440, what is your holiday called over there? Ours on Monday, is called Labor Day as you probably know.

11 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Sorry about your trans I hope its okay.

@wil440, what is your holiday called over there? Ours on Monday, is called Labor Day as you probably know.

Going to take a better look at the leak this morning. 

On the holiday this one hasn't got a name, just August Bank Holiday 

It was created in 1871to allow Bank employees time off to watch cricket,  was on the first Monday of August until 1965 when it was changed to end of August in England Ireland and Wales,  Scotland kept the original 1st Monday in August as they do

• Thanks 1

• Staff

Thank you wil440.

We had a significant cool down yesterday and this morning is 52. That is the lowest we have seen in at least 2 months. Just started putting on a new roof on my house and these temps are helping by leaps and bounds on the ladder too. :thumb1:

Around 22 to 23c here today

I picked up maybe 10 pallets from the site I was at yesterday for firewood, not very good long burning firewood but free so in my book thats great

I don't know about you guys but here our gas and electricity prices are through the roof, we have whats called a "price cap" which is basically a max amount energy suppliers can charge for 1 kwhr of electricity and 1 therm of gas, this is then calculated out for a typical average home useage, this "Cap" was at just under £2k  which means the average home in the UK would expect to pay £2k ish for energy, it has just been reviewed for the october change and it is going to be an 80% increase to just under £3600, the next one is April next year and that is expected to rise to over £5k and the october one next year over £7K.

This is a direct deal from Putin as he has pretty much turned the gas tap off for the whole of the EU and whilst we in the UK do not use any Russian gas or oil we buy in the same market as the EU so effectively pay the same price.

Years gone by our stupid governments shut down our gas storage facilities and companies cut back on our North Sea oil fields especially research and development  so that is right now unable to take up the slack, this is all maybe due to the climate change fools and pollution targets.

Fast forward to now and boy are we in a mess.

I drive by a coal power station to get to one particular site I work at, for a few years it was hardly used at all and the coal banks were always flat and always talk of it being switched off for good, actually on the news fairly often that the UK as been coal free for over a year IIRC, drove by yesterday on the way to site, power station flat out, cooling towers steaming like the Flying Scotsman and the coal banks higher than I've ever seen them.

Our first shipment of Australian LPG arrived the other week the first for years

I don't use gas as I have a biomass pellet boiler and a large log burner but electricity prices are scary right now and here there is already a lot of people that have to make the choice between heating and eating and thats without the 80% increase in october

Also took the cover off the bell housing to see what's happening.  No leak right now and nothing untoward or loose, area is wet ish with trans  fluid. 

Cleaned it up and will check it after a few miles 

• Sad 1