• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How hot are you?

• Owner

Yeah we've been hot here all summer long. Even yesterday I was changing oil on Minnie it was 95°F. Then cleaned out inside, and vacuum, etc. Figured to check the freon levels and added another 2 cans. Now this morning we are packing up and heading to Lewiston for another restock trip being prices are better in larger cities. Lewiston is only 750 feet above sea level so it going to be hot today.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Staff

Well summer is going out with an extreme fire danger episode in my area. Going to have 40 knot east winds and possible 100 degree temps. We are irrigating 24/7 again, two tall sprinklers running in circles. Jugs of water filled including the RV since PGE sent an emergency alert that they may shut the power off so no well water if that happens. We shall see but, it is not supposed to be as bad as labor day 2020 when we had extreme fire weather. Back then the weather brought out the worse in people with arsonists attempting to see what damage they can cause. There were fires everywhere. Many people where saying they will shoot any and all arsonists/ looters.

Say prayers for us and all my good neighbors all around. This forested land we all live in with 27 families all within this little dead end area. Only one way out. Thank you all for your prayers.

Edited by JAG1
  • Sad 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Threadzy said:

Stay safe! This week we’ve been between 104 -113. Today is supposed to hit 107. Tomorrow will drop down to 88. I’ll take it! Mid 90’s to high 80’s is in the forecast next week! Even showing our low temps in the upper 50’s. 

Glad to hear. We all can't take the heat much longer. This so called fire storm has now been down graded to a normal September east wind. No 'Fire Storm' like that of 2020 and not many getting their power shut off. This is good as I was on alert filling everything possible with water and placing it in the JD tractor trailer to haul to a fire. Even the temps aren't bad at 85 degrees at 1pm.

@Tractorman, if only you could get them to shut down that wind bag in DC !

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'm at 40*F for a low and currently 59*F

That'd be nice! We haven't had a low in the 50s for several months. Was thrilled this morning with a low of about 63⁰! Those mornings where you start off at 74⁰ and 90% humidity are just awful. We had a lot of 75⁰ dew point days this summer. Carry a hammer outside from the basement and it gets wet with condensation. Not sure how people in the real south survive!

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

if only you could get them to shut down that wind bag in DC !

👍

• Staff

:stuned: 72 degrees at 5 am this morning! They have us under level 1 evacuation orders which means get ready to evacuate. The fire is about 10/12 miles east of us. Winds seems to be getting less blustery with sort of a steady wind. With the twilight I can see smoke/ haze on the horizon. Have faith, we never seen so much dry tinder like this except the last couple years, Oregon was always green even late summer. Not anymore. 

I think this world drought we are seeing is not from gas and diesel vehicles, it's from the polluting of our children's minds and heart. The paradigm in our world today of a Godless and progressive world, a spiritual drought as it were, neglecting Gods love, not letting him forgive us by admitting our faults and learning to be forgiving toward others. I don't care what you think... time will prove God is right not you nor I.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Staff

Update; Got permission to go up to the highest hill near me and saw the smoke heading not toward us but, heading NW, which is heading toward some very expensive homes/estates along there. That is the direction of the evacuation orders too. So for now, with the winds dying down I would say we, at least, are okay for now. The fire started to the entrance of a state park, probably a cigarette butt or something.

I hope IBMobile doesn't kick me out of the camp club for waxing religious, I still need to chisel him a bunch more. He barely says his diner blessing, that turkey!