Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ISX

Edge Juice Speed going nuts..

Recommended Posts

So JohnFak is on the road going from here to Arizona and he said yesterday it was flawless, not even the bucking issue he has talked about.

Well today I think he said the bucking is back a bit but his edge juice display module is showing speeds of 60/90/100/120 just bouncing all over the place. Speedometer is reading steady 60mph though. The RPM and throttle % on the EDGE also are steady, so nothing is messing up but the speed it is detecting.

He is wondering if he should reset the APPS or something. I am not sure but I think each thing the EDGE monitors has it's own sensor? I remember there was a ton of wires all braided individually. Thought the speedo got its info from the same spot the speedometer on the cluster did. So I was thinking loose wire.

What can do you guys think?

--- Update to the previous post...

He went ahead and did the APPS reset, 30 min battery disconnect thing, and it fixed it. Guess the question now is why it fixed it. Bucking issue is gone, EDGE speedo jumping is gone.. :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried resetting the APPS to correct my "bucking" issues. the "bucking" only happens approximately once a month(some times more often/some times less often). it did not help my problemdoes jon have a factory APPS or the TIMBO TPS? i'm starting to wonder if the APPS will throw a code until its completely worn out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i tried resetting the APPS to correct my "bucking" issues. the "bucking" only happens approximately once a month(some times more often/some times less often). it did not help my problem does jon have a factory APPS or the TIMBO TPS? i'm starting to wonder if the APPS will throw a code until its completely worn out

i have wondered that myself...heck anything is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys(Thx isx) Yeah gonna have to monitor it for the next week or so and if it comes back update. BUt it really did fix it immediately - whatever the underlying 'reset' was - eitehr apps or edge or something in ecm etc. Not more problems for 3 days and 1400+ miles. Only reason I wanted to do APPS reset was it didn't feel like a miss (engine was smooth) it just started bucking. At first I thought a fuel supply issue - but always 14psi or higher. So then thought only thing we moved when doing injectors was APPS so maybe the throttle was off somehow and the computer had a hard time getting the throttle correct. Dunno - but it worked !:thumbup2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×