• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1999 Dodge Grand Caravan

• Owner

Took my Sunday and did some work on Minnie. New headlights, LED bulb coming in a few weeks. I got aggressive and empty the Minnie out and started power washing the carpet. Boy it ran all kinds of weird brown colors. Used a shop vacuum to draw up the excess water. Also power washed all the seats, really good brighten them up a bunch. Then 5 gallon bucket of simple green and hot water and washed the inside down. My Armor All is old didn't work too good but it has some shine on the dash. Then power washed the entire body getting the black mold off the roof. Minnie cleaned up nice still has a few stains and a chemical burn in the carpet. Her she is now.

20221002_142246.jpg

20221002_142232.jpg

20221002_134424.jpg

16647458187878330324956049152531.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

As for the wood I've got some yet to be processed to see where it gets me too cord wise. Then I can see if we have enough or how much more I need to get.

As for Minnie it's a good shopping rig being you can really pile in the groceries and supplies for the house. Does rather well for MPG just depending how you drive it. Drive like you got an egg under the pedal you can touch 30 MPG.

So this is why I'm starting a story for Minnie I'm going to do some basic mods and some repairs. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner

The worse part is the amount of water splashed everywhere. Other than that the old shampoo and soaps all rinsed out, all the dirt washed out and the seat dried in just a few hours. Yeah I used a shop vacuum to draw out the most water as possible. Even the driver seat and passenger seat were washed in the vehicle and dried within a few hours. I was driving it the very next day and not even damp. The seat bases of the seat you know how they seem to get sticky and hairy looking from spilled drinks or just dog hair sticking to stuff. All that washed out pretty quickly and look like new.

Funny how you clean up a vehicle then drive it later... It feels like its running better and now I want to invest more effort into this little 4,200 pound mini-van and make it my run around rig. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1