• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Miracle Oil-Front Axle Seal

image.png.75b05a7fde669c5a611335eefaf8aafe.png

I noticed this yesterday. I’m not one to typically take short cuts, but wanted to see if anyone has ever tried this stuff and had any luck. 

https://gobdp.com/blog/fix-differential-leak/

The reason I’m considering trying it is I don’t have the time or tools to do it myself, and this being the front drivers side seal means the entire differential has to come out. It’s about a $700 job. Normally I’d use this as an opportunity to replace anything else that’s gotta come out for the job, but literally everything else is new (brake pads, calipers, wheel bearings, ball joints, tie rods ect). Less than 20,000 miles ago. 

So my thought is for $20 I’d try it, I don’t see anything in this stuff that could hurt anything. Any thoughts are appreciated. 

Back when I was just out of highschool I had an el Camino that developed a rear main seal leak. Not having the funds, knowledge or place to do the repair, I used this in the engine oil.

IMG_20221027_151129525.jpg.9215b9c613f8f3e620a363f7ee3f8a27.jpg

I had to add it every 8-10k miles, but it bought me a couple years. By then I learned how to fix the seal and had a place to do it. 

That stuff you posted is probably the same stuff I used, just packaged differently. I say go for it. Nothing to lose really. Let us know if it works or not. Good luck.

• Like 2

• Owner
27 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

It’s easier than you think, especially since you just had wheel bearing out. That’s the hard part. 

Wheel bearings I ALWAYS use a small hone brush to clean the entire opening of rust, then coat everything with anti-seize and the bearing come out very easy. Once the shafts are out then you can open the front the front differential and remove the 3rd member. As for the seals I remember the shop that did mine last had the fancy seal press tool for taking them out and installing them again. Sad to say I've never had to do a axle seal yet. I'll have to visit that on Thor in the future. 

• Like 1

I definitely slathered it with anti-seize last time it was off so I’m not as worried about that part. It seems most have used a case spreader and a few other niche tools for this job. I went ahead and added the miracle leak stop, then cleaned everything up. I’ll give it a week. If that doesn’t stop it then I’ll just have to pony up and have a shop do it. Really wish I had some other stuff for them to do while the axle is gutted, but everything else is new. 

• Owner
1 hour ago, Royal Squire said:

There used to be an article on this site on front axle seal replacement 

Sad part is we lost a lot of articles because people posted there photos on other sites like Photobucket. Once the photos disappeared then the article lost it meaning some times especially if the entire article was photos.