• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hello everyone...

JAG1

• Staff

Can you guys find time to have coffee and post what's going on?! I am certain many of us would like to hear. It's been so slow around here it's like the forum for Hermits living in cave.

I just got done putting on a new roof on my house, building a 100 K deck and another job building a new stairway down to a built in pool. In between I went on a camping trip to meet IBMobile and Tractorman. Had a good time except for the dumb guy who shot 5/6 rounds in the campground and killed a Cub and may have injured the mother at 12:20 am. I've been trying to find a news article on that cause the guy turned himself in but, lied about the details of the killing.

Anyhow what's going on these days?

Snow is here, getting things setup to start snowblowing.  

Tile for the shower needs to be picked up and installed.  Then finish the drywall and prep for windows next year.

River should freeze in the next month hopefully.  

Other than that just trying to keep things going with life.

• Like 2

Had a cord of mountain oak delivered Saturday. Cut and split already. I don’t think I’m going to ever get a chance to use my new Echo 590 chain saw. It’s still early  in the season. I’ll find something to cut. Probably do a snow run  sometime after thanksgiving. Getting our first rain of the season today and tomorrow. Started our first fire and  drinking a glass of wine. 

• Like 1

• Staff

Got back from the Fall season camping trip with my grandson, JAG1, and the gang.  Now in recovery mode from surgery I hod on Friday.  Next, I'll get my truck prepped for the body shop to have the right door and fender repaired from the damaged that was done to it in May.  After the holidays I'll be gearing up for our now annual Haystack Mountain gun range camping trip weekend. 

• Owner

Myself, been busy between working on the server here, trying to get the new store set up. Then my girlfriend @Honey Badger has a family reunion going on tonight we're she has both son here at the house. 

16678783481074264093624750881232.jpg

Tomorrow is birthday party for her youngest here. We will have all the family here at 5pm for a dinner and cake.

• Staff

Thanks everyone, it's good to hear from you. Want you to know everyone at Costco last Sunday was so upbeat, everyone was happy and so polite. I was a darn nice evening.

I think everyone is pleased that our weather finally came back after such a long hot record breaking summer. It been raining for days, raining hard and on Saturday it snowed harder than I've ever seen around here. The earliest ever in my years was Thanksgiving in 1978. This time was Nov. 6th, day before yesterday. Snowed so hard it was great since only 2/3 weeks ago it was close to another record breaker at almost 90 in mid October. What a change.

Hope you recover well IBMobile, your truck too I might add.

Nice interior paint job MoparMan.

@Threadzy, I lucked out and got 1.5 cord of  well seasoned oak delivered for 150. Good deal for an old guy, it burns much hotter than the usual Douglas Fir.

• Like 2

• Owner

Today the family went out to Red Ridge near McCall and were shooting our firearms. AR's, AK's, 50 cal rifle, etc. I even pulled out my Fire Star did rather well with my 9mm. Cold out, little snow but not bad at all. Had a camp fire, food and friends and family enjoying our time together.

Of course I had Beast out there and played a little bit in the snow. The truck is still a muddy mess on the body. 

• Like 1

• Staff

I've been trying to prepare fir winter somewhat. This year we went back to using the propane furnace as our primary hear source since I'm not guaranteed to be home everyday with work. I will be burning firewood on weekends when I'm home to save propane. 

This past weekend was busy. Had to change front hubs on the brother in laws caddy since his wife hit a dear with her van. They were down to 1 car and having some financial issues so thought I'd help them out.

Also dug and poured 1 concrete footer under the house in the crawl, 1 more to go then I'll be able to slowly jack that part of the house up. It's been settling the past several years so time to do something about that.

• Like 1

I’m in the process of getting moved in to the new house.  I was away from my family for the last 4 months as we tried to sell our house in PA, and buy a new one in NC.  My wife is from NC and her father is disabled and needs more help than before.  I was living with him after taking a new job down here.

I’ve lurked for years and didn’t really have anything to contribute.  I figured it’s time to jump into the discussions, and started to wonder where everyone was.

• Staff

@Doubletrouble, Those old houses, in the era of silver coins are good to metal detect around. On the older homes the crawlspace was sometimes used as the bank since it was too far on horseback.

@weissguy01, glad to hear from you and hope your new place works out real good. We been like sticks in the mud for 26 yrs. Watched a cedar tree seedling go from a foot high to over 50/60 feet. Amazing!

@Threadzy, mine are in reliable mode, except @Tractorman had to go and show me some things he did to his truck giving me the virus. Cure is to start with Geno's garage for  the upgraded heavier dash cover, nicest one ever. I think that's the one anyhow. other mods are his engine blanket, coolest set up for safety on turn signals and some others it's hard not to think about.

• Like 1

• Owner

Yeah at this point I'm more or less gotta put Minnie away for the winter other than running to Riggins, ID maybe. It getting cold by Wednesday and will be +17*F for a evening temperature here. Yeah I'm moved over to running the diesel trucks. As for this scare of diesel running out I really doubt it will happen being Jet A and diesel are very close in design. Then Gasoline will always be produced with a by product of diesel. I'm stocked up here with food, supplies, and diesel fuel. 

Cold morning here at 27*F above but by Wednesday it will be starting out as low as +17*F. 

I see you all... :wow: Yup I can see who is on and where they come from...

image.png

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Everytime I think I can slow down a bit, life speeds me up. Borrowed a friend's skid steer and filled in the Koi ponds that my MIL had removed over the summer. Regraded her back yard and got everything ready for topsoil next year. She wants to think about maybe bringing in some trees, so she'll decide over the winter. Checked anti-freeze in the vehicles and the Dodge is only good to -10F. Good time to do a flush and start out winter with fresh coolant. Gotta change oil and filters in the F-350. After all that, I'll start tearing down the trike to get the rest of the chrome powder coated black. Still have to look for a plow for the suburban and sell the one from the F-350. That truck is like turning an aircraft carrier. Looks like next year when the weather warms up the Dodge is going to need some love. When I changed the oil a few weeks ago, I noticed the slightest play in the turbo. Injectors are only showing 2.5-3% load at idle, so I think they are due to be rebuilt or replaced. Edge is dead. JKidd is going to love me. Looking forward to Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.

Maybe I can slow down a bit by July 😂😂😂😂🍻🍻🍻

• Like 2

We had 50s then this previous weekend it was 75-80 then overnight to today the temp dropped to the 40s this morning. No snow even being hinted at yet. Hopefully not any time soon, not prepared yet..

Working overtime at my job sapped me of energy, though we had to back off since part of our business slowed way down. Plus I don't have time to get on the forum during working hours any more. No dedicated lunch time either..

• Sad 1

• Staff
6 hours ago, Silverwolf2691 said:

We had 50s then this previous weekend it was 75-80 then overnight to today the temp dropped to the 40s this morning. No snow even being hinted at yet. Hopefully not any time soon, not prepared yet..

Working overtime at my job sapped me of energy, though we had to back off since part of our business slowed way down. Plus I don't have time to get on the forum during working hours any more. No dedicated lunch time either..

Hope you get it squared away soon.:thumb1: