• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2018 3500 Tradesman w/55K - good deal considering today's market?

Hutch24v

Kicking around a bit more seriously now on a picking up a 2018 3500 CCSB truck from a used dealer near me. Its not in the best of shape cosmetically  but I think I can fix most of the problems as a trade off for a low mile truck (55K) at a semi-reasonable price (<$40K) in todays market for Cummins trucks. One owner, fleet vehicle with a clear car fax. Low end trim but its got a few nice options - tow package etc. This has been sitting on a lot and the price has been dropped a bunch. I'm not swimming in dough but I'm looking for a newer 1 ton. Anyone think this is a semi-decent deal given the market?  Link to rig here --> https://www.megaautosaleswa.com/details/used-2018-ram-ram-pickup-3500/86651310 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Looks like that rig sold. Did you buy it? 

There are very few issues with the hour meters. I know of one truck where idle hours don’t count, and another there the standard EVIC resets every 1,092 hours. It will reset at 1,092 idle hours or 1,092 drive hours, but not combined. 

If the truck has that EVIC the hours may be off, you can probably figure out the proper hours. I also believe a scan tool can tell you the correct hours. 

I don’t know of any issue with the larger “premium” EVIC