• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

EVENT.....May 2023 Magone Lake group Camp, Oregon

JAG1

• Staff

How many are interested in going to Magone Lake, Oregon?

There is Hiking, Biking, Fishing and yes ATVs ! I must verify about ATV's since only one website said they are allowed.

Group camp will be paid for, so no camping fees

Want to go in May as there is time available to reserve the largest group area.

If interested I am thinking three nights would be good but, give me an idea what your thoughts are on that. 

I picked this area for several reasons, one is the general location to everyone that enjoys camping plus the amenities.

This is your chance to meet Michael Nelson since he will be there.

If enough interest develops we would have a diesel round up each year in other interesting locations of your choice.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Thanks so much John. If not many are interested I can rent the smaller group site. I don't want to lose the open window to reserve it for late May if we wait too long.

If it is just a few of us we can go for regular campsites. I will spring for Mike Nelson's 3 nites and yours since your going to check it out. What a nice offer, thank you John.

I am also very interested in Strawberry Mountain campground since it looks really good but, others have warned about the last mile of road, so I am staying with Magone Lake for now.

This can turn into some real fun. 

I wish IBMobile would move out of the bricks, become a Redneck and move into the sticks. Then he'd be close enough to show up. LOL

Edited by JAG1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thank you Hutch24v. It will be fun to meet new faces and everyone else again too.

I think Magone lake will be a good option for everyone. There is one disappointment however with IBMobile wanting to show but, is reluctant with Magone Lake so far East from his final destination in Seattle. He is still unsure about doing any long trips with his 5th wheel and with fuel prices on everyone's mind these days.

Dan, if I pay for the group sight it should save about a tank of fuel. Also a bit farther east will save not seeing the crowds from Portland. Generally speaking is better camping out that way.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Thanks for the offeror of paying for the group site.   I'm still doing preliminary work on trip planning to Mt Robson, BC via Seattle: trip route, milage, fuel usage, projected area fuel cost along with camping and food expenses.   Hopefully I'll know more by January. 

If I do make it there, I'll prepare a dinner of Carne Vinha d’alhos or maybe hot dogs for everyone.

• Haha 2

• Staff
17 hours ago, IBMobile said:

If I do make it there, I'll prepare a dinner of Carne Vinha d’alhos or maybe hot dogs for everyone.

Bring your hot dog dispenser, didn't you say it loads 50?

Some may want to stay longer than 3 nights. Let me know what you think is good number.

Edited by JAG1
  • Haha 1