• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hit 60,000 miles

Me78569

Well we have hit 60,000 miles in the 4th gen.   Replaced the oil and fuel filters.  

I have on order from @dieselautopower the Banks big horn intake elbow / grid delete plate.   This will prevent the grid heater bolt from falling into the motor if the bolt fails does fail.   Not typically a fan on Banks due to $$$, but their design allows me to not need a tune and it looks well done so it is what it is.  The OEM grid heater is replaced with an ford 7.3 / duramax 6.6 Intake air heater in the elbow.  It draws less amps and work work as well as stock, but if it isn't good enough I will just weld in a 2nd heater and daisy chain.

also need to get some shocks ordered to replace the stockers as I am sure they are getting worn.  

To date I have replaced nothing other than oil and filters and it has been a great truck.  

• Like 2

So it begins. 76K on my 4th gen. I know way less about it because it never gives me any problems to fix. I did the GDP grid heater delete/relocation. Valair Dual Disc, tuned, deleted. Thuren shocks, coils, control arms, leaf spring shackles. Bunch of other dopey stuff. 

• Staff

I'll be curious what you think of the Banks piece, I also am not a fan of them. 

Also curious on the grid heater effectiveness. I know we don't need nearly as much heater as comes on these things but the 6.6L uses the grid heater AND glow plugs. 

I've got 8 years left on my warranty so I doubt I do anything before that.... The only change I am considering is the Thurn high clearance swaybar as that was the only place the tire chains rubbed on my '18.