• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

stodg73, Thanks for the link to LMC! Most places start at 1998 - mine is a '95. The dash is badly cracked into about 3 pieces, looks bad, and rattles. I was going to try sticking it together with JB Weld or MarineTex epoxy, but a cap might be a better plan. Any downside to the LMC cap versus a replacement dash? Seems like the cap sticks on top of the cracked dash; replacing the cracked dash means removing the whole dashboard unit again. I just did the heater core and A/C evaporator - didn't help the already-cracked dash top. Plus the cap looks to be about $130 and the replacement is twice that (if a '95 is even available). Anyway, the cap is tempting, thanks! Regards, Andrew

generally the thought is the dash will continue to crumble underneath the cap. the question that is unanswered however will be what will the eventual outcome be with the structural integrity of the dash..

Ok, that makes sense.My guess is that since the structural integrity of the existing dash is severely compromised, eventually the cap will be sitting on nothing. However, if kept from further sunlight exposure the dash might not get worse. It is brittle now, and keeping the sun off will not "heal" it, but gluing a cover over it might reinforce it enough to keep it from continuing to deteriorate...Thanks for the tip. I have to think about it... too many other projects, and a cracked dash "...doesn't hurt the runnin' of it none" as a guy I used to know used to say.Regards,Andrew