• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Received my winter cover today!

Doubletrouble

• Staff

Received my winter cover today for my 2001 3500. Have not installed it yet but it seems to be well made, heavy vinyl.  Nice wide velcro strips for adjusting air flow to.

I think it will make a big difference this winter on warm up times and keeping heat near the engine. I'm sure it won't hurt heater output either. Looking forward to seeing the difference.

Genos shops quickly, even with the cover on backorder it shipped sooner than expected. 

Thanks Geno's! 

• Like 1

• Staff
58 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Haven't had the pleasure of talking to them. Swapped some emails with Heather while setting them up as a vendor. Seemed very nice. Must be that southern hospitality.  

Been very happy with all my purchases from then so far. Will recommend them to anyone that has a need for their products.

one time they sent an oil pan drain plug that had a problem and talked with them at length about. They were so good about it. It was amazing and said I hope you send me something else not working so I can have the pleasure of talking again. :thumb1:

• Like 2

• Staff

Michael Nelson is the same way, always informative and whenever a problem arises with one of my trucks he is always spot on with a solution. I pay him for his time on the phone by making a donation to help with his website cost. Ya know these repair shops will not often help you like that and if they do, seem to have a loose nut or two.

• Like 2

• Staff

I installed mine today before I headed home from work. Seems to help warm the engine up faster and keep a more consistent temp when stopped. I left one flap half open, outside temp was at 31°F . Probably would have been fine with both flaps closed. 

They're both closed now. Gonna test it in the way into work in the a.m.

As for the cover itself, it seems to be of good quality, nice heavy vinyl and nice wide velcro closures. Fits perfectly behind the bumper to completely cover the a/c coil, intercooler and radiator. 

I'll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow and post it.

If your in need of a winter front for a 2nd gen I recommend this one from Genos.