• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diesel Price

jlwelding

Kansas City I'm seeing around $4.40/gal. On Monday I'm heading near Chippewa Falls, WI for workso will see what some others are paying. Hope to grab a fresh Leinenkugel from the brewery!

Taking the VW TDI, so at +38 MPG thankfully won't be spending much $/mile on fuel.

• Like 2

Fuel prices in KC area are down since Saturday, now around $4.30, but did see one sketchy station at $4.19 today. Prices on my trip were higher in Iowa and Wisconsin but not by much; Minnesota must have some higher fuel taxes.

• Staff

Mine in Oregon was a steady $5.61 for months, now it,s $5.49.

I am trying to do my part by not buying as much these days, figured out some ways to use less consumables which means less fuel consumption and get a handle on retirement.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff

Fuel peaked and was holding pretty close to $6/gal, or slightly over, around Thanksgiving. It's currently in the mid $5.'s, but I was able to fuel up for $3.779 yesterday at a Maverick using my TSD fuel card (pump price of $5.459). That's the lowest price I've paid since January of '22. Highest I've paid was $5.919, but that was #1. Highest I've paid for #2 is $5.65 (Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend).

Edited by AH64ID

Reminds me also that there's several ways to get fuel points for grocery shopping at Safeway and other Kroeger stores using their loyalty cards. I'm sure this is the same coast-to-coast with other chains. There's some other fuel apps (76) that drop 10-15 cents per gallon off the pump price @ 76 stations using their 76 app. Just used some Safeway fuel points at a local Chevron station and got $.60/gallon off the pump price. Everyone has to get groceries so its a no-brainer to take advantage of these fuel reward type things. All helps. 

Down to $3.99 today!  For me the big question is WHY is it dropping?  Has demand slowed, production increased, or....?  Was it the deal made regarding Chevron and Venezuela?  Can't help but notice that Buffett is a large stakeholder in Chevron now and also a big Democrat donor.  Last I read (several months ago), oil company CEOs were saying that refining was the bottleneck, not a limited supply of crude.  No idea who to believe.