• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hey fellow travelin' campers...

JAG1

• Staff

I am wondering when you do a specific search on the net, why I am suddenly getting everything only related to what I've asked for but, nothing of what I asked for?! It's weird Google started this months ago so I went on Firefox and everything was okay. But now they started the same thing with everything related. :shrug:  I'm asking it to bring up a simple map of Magone Lake, campground in Eastern Oregon for camping this spring.

Edited by JAG1

• Staff
11 hours ago, IBMobile said:

:evilgrin:They Know Who You Are:evilgrin: 

I do think they can hear you talking to other people or family when your phone is turned on and nearby. I think that is true to a point that it picks up certain key words for targeting advertisements. Not sure but, think I have seen examples anyway.

BTW, I found the campground map although not very detailed, is a map. trying to see if the group sites are by the lake or what. If anyone has or knows of a better place, would like to hear about it.

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

I really don't care if anyone is listening to me over my cellphone.

If the technology really was there they would be able to take down every single criminal out there by just listening for a crime to be discussed. As friends and I talk about Biden and wanting to see him removed and have high dislike for DemonRats. Still never seen anyone come to my door and haul me away in handcuffs. Heck, even talking to friends and family about cannabis no cop has ever stopped here to check for weed or pulled me over. So the whole they are listening to your conversation I think is complete BS. @JAG1 is right keywords will target partial ads but that's about it. If you want them gone just dump your cookies the ads will disappear magically. 

• Staff

Someone told me if your phone is only turned on and not making a call that google can listen in on what you and your family are talking about with just your phone in the same room. I doubt this rumor but, maybe shouldn't put it past them... I just don't know :shrug:

BTW, Mr. Nelson is in charge of operation 'Take A Puff' down at the 'Federal Bureau of Idleness'.    :sofa:

Edited by JAG1

• Owner

Better yet live in a area without cell service. All I gotta do is pull the plug on my Verizon Extender and no cell service. Then walk back to the bedroom pull the WiFi router I'm no longer connected. Where I camp normal there is zero signal and services for at least 50 miles. 

Go back country problem solved.

• Like 1

• Staff

What's been happening tho is I'll visit with my wife talking about something almost every night and then the dang subject comes up on the MSN News trying to sell something related. It's completely weird :wow: you guys.

• Staff
5 hours ago, Harle98 said:

Use to go to madness in eastern ore. Growing up grew up in Portland and vancouver

And yes big brother is watching lol

Yeah, it's weird. Like there's a huge conglomerate devised to monitor us. Sometimes like my computer controlled by something else, watching what I search for. I do not like it and may go toward becoming completely disconnected. Which I already am disconnected in many ways, LOL, just ask MoparMan he knows.

• Owner

I've gotta say if there is all this big brother watching and know our every move... They would of busted every criminal, drug lord, etc. Sad truth it never happens. My whole life is on the internet even the fact I use cannabis. Never had any cops show up. I don't even worry about it. Heck my address is even on Google. Come and get me. Been here in Idaho for 32 years never been arrested. 

Second off I have clean devices no windows or apple. I'm fully Linux and android which doesn't have the issue like Windows or Apple products. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've gotta say if there is all this big brother watching and know our every move... They would of busted every criminal, drug lord, etc. Sad truth it never happens. My whole life is on the internet even the fact I use cannabis. Never had any cops show up. I don't even worry about it. Heck my address is even on Google. Come and get me. Been here in Idaho for 32 years never been arrested. 

Second off I have clean devices no windows or apple. I'm fully Linux and android which doesn't have the issue like Windows or Apple products. 

You know I've heard that a neighbor of mine was telling me he downloaded a movie and they wanted to fine him,  now I didn't read anything so can't say for sure but, he swore he would never do it again lol 

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

• Owner
On 12/22/2022 at 3:54 AM, Harle98 said:

You know I've heard that a neighbor of mine was telling me he downloaded a movie and they wanted to fine him,  now I didn't read anything so can't say for sure but, he swore he would never do it again lol 

LOL... There is things like IP Blocker list.

https://www.iblocklist.com/lists

That prevents any agency from sniffing what your doing. The if you really want to get good then you use a what called a proxy server which moves your IP address all over the world every few minutes making it hard to trace.

https://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/

My best was doing things like this at public WiFi services like coffee shops because the only thing they can track back to is the WiFi provider.

Linux is a wonderful thing, never had anyone sniffing around my machines ever. Being Linux machines already have a full firewall (closed all ports by default) on board and don't acknowledge anyone unless I open a port to talk other than that the only thing they can see is my IP address but if I'm running a IP block list my machine will not acknowledge anything to those block IPs. 

The only reason I know these things is I trained like a "hacker" to prevent others from attempting to hack into the website or my personal machine hence why I'm not worried... 

For all the Windows PCs and iOS (Apple products) since they are close source code of software hackers always attempt to go after those because the manufacture (microsoft & apple) are full of security holes and easy to hack into. Being Linux (Android included) they both are open source code and too many eyes on the code which means if there is a security issue its typically resolved in mere days not months like other software (apple and microsoft).

Here is the blueprints to Ubuntu Linux all open to see...

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu

Linux and Android both tend to keep all communication to the world closed till you open it. Being that you MUST log in every time to change any system stuff (root access) without my password you not going to be able to infect or communicate with any files till you do. Windows is huge security risk being EVERYONE logs in as a Admin (Root) which now make hacking very easy as long as your online. Linux you never logged in as ROOT unless you go to terminal and call out...

michael@michael:~$ sudo -i
[sudo] password for michael: 
root@michael:~# 

As you can see when using my system it in USER mode till I call the Super User DO command with -i switch now the system is logged in as ROOT. You should NEVER do this and opens the system for a huge risk! But you can see my prompt it shows michael@michael which is the user @ machine prompt. Also take notice Linux does not display stars for all the characters this prevent a hacker from seeing how many characters which makes it easier to filter down to find the password. Yes its a very secure system!

Just to show how you would have to get a virus on Linux. First go out and get a virus infected file and download it. Then you would have to change the file permission to EXECUTE which by default any downloaded file is not given this permission. Then you would call out the sudo -i command to get to the root login and then execute the file. I still to this day love opening infected emails being even the files on email do not have the execute permission it will open up and show you the infected payload script that does the damage without running. Bring it on. This is why Linux & Android cant be infected. Matter of fact there is no anti-virus software provided for Linux because it never happens. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man