• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Last minute prep for first measurable snowfall

Doubletrouble

• Staff

I have to get outside today and put the back blade on the tractor for any bigger snow. Also have to get the old wheel horse out of the pole barn for the snowblower. That works well as long as you don't overload it. 

Need to get some weight in the truck bed as well. It's hard to weigh down a 1 ton dually for winter driving. I have several RR ties, I'm going to put 1 layer of them between the wheel wells to see how many fit.im thinking 4-5, they're 8 footers so they weigh in around 150lbs or so a piece. That'll be 600-750lbs, hopefully that will be enough. If not, I'll dump snow on top if them. Lol

Another thing on the list will be to bring out my heavy extension cord for the block heater. I generally don't need it but it's nice in the morning to fire up the truck and have a little heat right away. Plus it keeps the grid heaters from pounding the alternator and batteries so much.

• Staff
51 minutes ago, IBMobile said:

I'll be thinking of you when I fire up the Bar B Q this afternoon.

524260701_animated-smileys-eating-drinking-1301.gif.ab249092160206a80ec8e6dd09cd6d32.gif

He likes to rub it in pretty well being near Sun Diego.

BTW, If you go visit IBMobile cause your tired of winter, just make sure he doesn't put suntan lotion on your hamburger.

Edited by JAG1
  • Confused 1

I ran across a real biker the other night, well I didn’t really see him/her but saw the bike. I was passing through Craig CO and stopped at the local Walmart. Setting out front in the snow, at -6*F was a bright yellow full dress bike.  Would have taken a picture but left my phone in the pickup and was anxious to get back on the road. 🥶

On 12/18/2022 at 7:11 AM, Doubletrouble said:

I Plus it keeps the grid heaters from pounding the alternator and batteries so much.

I hooked my grid heaters up to a relay controlled by a switch in the cab. So nice to be able to use them to start the truck, then switch them off.

• Staff
On 12/20/2022 at 1:31 PM, Doubletrouble said:

Won't catch my bike out in that weather. 

Mine's just a dumb bicycle but, feel the same way. It keeps me in shape anyhow.

I remember owning motorcycles... I valued my freedom so much in those days a few ladies tried to tie me down but, never worked. Also there wasn't hardly a week I did not cut class in hqh school. In those days Cali was beautiful with a lot of nice countryside :thumb1: I would say it was quality education on that motorcycle back in those days.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 2

• Staff

Well, it's Thursday evening, 6pm. The rain has started, it's expected to change o er to snow sometime overnight. Tomorrow we are expecting more snow, total they say will only be in the area of 5 inches. The winds will pick up though, gusting to 65mph which will set us up for blizzard like conditions. 

Luckily,  the wife and I finished our preparations for Christmas today. We are now home waiting for this storm to do what it does. The cummins is plugged in for the night, I have gasoline for the tractors and generator if needed, plenty of food and water. Time to sit back and see what mother nature has in her bag of tricks.

33 minutes ago, Doubletrouble said:

Well, it's Thursday evening, 6pm. The rain has started, it's expected to change o er to snow sometime overnight. Tomorrow we are expecting more snow, total they say will only be in the area of 5 inches. The winds will pick up though, gusting to 65mph which will set us up for blizzard like conditions. 

Luckily,  the wife and I finished our preparations for Christmas today. We are now home waiting for this storm to do what it does. The cummins is plugged in for the night, I have gasoline for the tractors and generator if needed, plenty of food and water. Time to sit back and see what mother nature has in her bag of tricks.

So far, a dud here.....

It's down to 3°. Snow has stopped and there is no wind. It was supposed to be the end of the world. Skools have already closed for tomorrow.....go figure.

We'll see what happens overnight....

Looks to me it's over, but I'm not edjumecated in the weather arts...

Screenshot_20221222_173935_MyRadar.jpg.4e6456e71d7b448807e45ac85f24f832.jpg

Edited by Max Tune

• Staff

For some reason this reply didn't post. I hit the button to post this morning.

Here we are Friday morning. What a difference. Rain began changing to snow around 11pm.  This is current weather conditions.

Screenshot_20221223_080526_WTOL 11 Weather.jpg

Edited by Doubletrouble

• Staff

I like I can quit earlier for Christmas this time with the ice storm we are having. Getting lots of rest lately with some fun texts with clients and family. It's like Christmas will go on for several days this time :thumb1:. I even called IBMobile and got some good stories about horrible clients. Fortunately he knows how and when to walk away.:bolt: :burnout:

10 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

made it 2 hours , half way, to the airport and had to turn around due to white out.  got the notification shortly after that the flight was cancelled.

Ahhh no! I’ve been seeing videos of the Northern Midwest and it’s insane, did you get any video?