• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

So, I got gauges for Christmas!

• Staff

My daughter bought me diesel truck gauges for Christmas! She found a 3 in 1 gauge from gloshift that has an analog needle to show boost and an LCD display that shows fuel pressure and egt. Pretty slick little unit, all 3 in one gauge pod. Even comes with the pod to install it. I only need to buy the boost bolt, snubber and the tap and die kit to drill the exhaust manifold for the egt probe. 

My questions are:

Do I only need a snubber or do I also need the needle valve? 

Where is the best place to drill fir the egt probe?

See pic of the gauge below.

20221214_174931.jpg

The pic shows egt and temp in the LCD but mine has the fuel pressure and egt's.

• Like 1

• Staff

I have to brag a minute, my daughter has been my wrenching buddy since she was in diapers. She is 26 now and still likes to help wrench on things. She does most of her own maintenance and repairs on her own vehicles and motorcycle. 

She is truly a daddy's girl. Lol

She will get me tools or in this case gauges for Christmas or my birthday always. She is awesome. I say that without trying to take away from my other daughter or my sons but my youngest has always been my little pupil in the garage.

• Like 1

I would also get the needle valve. That way you have full control of flow. Also if the line or sending unit starts leaking you can shut it off till it’s repaired. I’d drill the probe on the back three cylinder port. Don’t drill in the middle. The port divider is there. 

• Owner
3 hours ago, Doubletrouble said:

@Great work!,  I am planning on mounting it on the steering column in front of the cluster. Haven't done any test fit yet to see if it blocks anything. 

It says you can dim it when your lights are on also.

I've had the steering column pod it does block a few things. 25 MPH down to zero you can't see. The brake light on the dash you can't see. The 4WD light you can't see. Wait To Start you can't see either. I relocated mine to below the dash near the transfer case lever. (Trans Temp).

• Owner
2 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

If you don’t already have a boost bolt it’s easy to drill and tap your intake elbow, that way you don’t over tighten boost bolt and twist it off like I did!

Don't bother tapping... The previous owner did this to Thor and tapped the intake horn. Looks rather cheap having a ISSPro EV2 sensor and wiring off the intake horn.

There is a 3/4" pipe plug in the manifold just behind the MAP sensor that you can bush down to 1/8" and hook up your boost gauge. Boost bolts are easy to snap off and the tubing doesn't last long there either. Seem like every truck that has a boost bolt I end up breaking the tubing at the boost bolt or end up breaking the boost bolt off getting it back out (rusted).

The pipe plug is super easy to remove and just grab a few few pipe bushing and presto boost access.