• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Resealing The Driverside of Eng Block

While my VP is out for repair im resealing left side of block. The old mounting bracket for the stock lift pump is in the way of removing push rod cover and it has a seal back there id like to replace. Am told there is a cap/plug like on old chevy fuel pump where you can cap it off. Not having any luck finding this. Anyone done this and know where I can locate?
FOUND IT, LOOK NO FARTHER THAN DAP

Edited by jlwelding

It's an excellent modification to clean up that area of the engine compartment. You'll find the chrome-plated mechanical fuel pump "block-off-plate" available at nearly every auto part store or on-line source. I have done this myself and it's very easy to perform, plus it looks better. I think I spent $6 at NAPA (years back) and it includes the gasket.

38 minutes ago, W-T said:

It's an excellent modification to clean up that area of the engine compartment. You'll find the chrome-plated mechanical fuel pump "block-off-plate" available at nearly every auto part store or on-line source. I have done this myself and it's very easy to perform, plus it looks better. I think I spent $6 at NAPA (years back) and it includes the gasket.

Yep...my bad, I should have noted @dieselautopower first, they have all the cool stuff !

• Like 1

12 hours ago, W-T said:

mechanical fuel pump "block-off-plate

My solution a few months back was careful trimming of the old lift pump bracket using a zip disc on my angle grinder, smoothing the edges, sanding, and some satin black paint. I always keep a variety of gasket material on hand, thankfully.

• Like 1

@jlwelding what @LorenShas shared here is correct...to be fully accurate, I too, did the same with the Carter lift-pump bracket.  The small block Chevy block off plate I purchased from NAPA was my choice however; once I removed the "dog legged" bracket of the old lift pump, it was easy to see only a slight cut-off trim job was required to create a clean fitment. I returned my Chevy block-off plate and utilized the return to purchase a can of spray paint.

Gosh...I guess my old memory is beginning to fail...Loren, thanks for correcting this aspect, why spend the funds when the block-off element is available to accomplish the task.

• Haha 1