• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lockup switch issues

Today I wired in a lockup switch, into an existing switch panel I have that has b+ to the switches. I ran the switches wire to a relay and when I flip the switch it sends positive to the relay. The relay sends ground to the b11 orange/black wire on the white middle connector, problem is it seems when I turn the switch on it unlocks the converter and my speedometer stops working, anyone seen this? Thanks

image.jpg

Edited by HitCast

• Staff

No, I've never seen that, but this is what worked for me.  The relay should have the switched 12 volts going to terminal 86 and terminal 85 is the relay ground.  Relay terminal 30 would be connected to the orange/black wire at PCM B11 and terminal 87 going to ground with a ½ watt 33 ohm resistor inline.  The "grounding relay" on the right side of the diagram below is how it should look using your rocker switch where the toggle/foot switch is shown.

5a0da7ca757eb_revised001-Copy(2).jpg.c17ac4671c17df85dc0168d8a3c43e35.jpg

• Like 1