• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Rocker Arm Inspection

Sad to say most people will run from that engine being a 53 block... :rolleyes:

Yeah true - but if it doesn't have the crack (normally under the side by the tranny heater passenger) then would be good indicator its gonna be fine. Plenty of people with a 53 block holding good numbers. The price for a 60k mile engine tho is awesome !! I mean if you could get for 1100 then its not much more than the head alone. And its the full engine.

I might have it magnufluxed just to find everything lol . I wont to know what the tick is, my brother lives nextdoor to me and he says on a cool crisp morning he says it sounds like a hammer hiting a anvil.Here's what gets me, when and how did it screw up.Here's my chance to trim turbo gasket if need be and smooth up manifold.